• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What about a pair of flexible suspension covers? For the gap between the body and the fenders. The control arm, stabilizer links and all other suspension components are completely exposed to the elements (I live in Chicago).

I like it! St. Louis sucks too. I feel your pain! No sure what size this is, but I'd bet there'd be something that would fit the bill in the marine industry. It's either an exhaust bellows, or a stern drive bellows shown...I need to look into this further.
exhaust bellows.jpg

pablotech1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it! St. Louis sucks too. I feel your pain! No sure what size this is, but I'd bet there'd be something that would fit the bill in the marine industry. It's either an exhaust bellows, or a stern drive bellows shown...I need to look into this further.View attachment 2600

Something like this would need to be at least 1½' in diameter. Also needs to be detachable for easy access.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Something like this would need to be at least 1½' in diameter. Also needs to be detachable for easy access.

Something like a split loom for wiring harnesses maybe. Just need to know what size would fit the A-arms. Might keep some of the salt and crap off the suspension. Take if off when the weather gets nicer.

split_loom.jpg

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pablotech1--- to enclose the entire front suspension you'll probably need a bellows over a foot in diameter. If you're intension is corrosion prevention you're better off painting the suspension components with heavy bituminous paint (the kind of paint used to coat battery boxes) and rinse the suspension with water after know exposure to road salt.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pablotech1--- to enclose the entire front suspension you'll probably need a bellows over a foot in diameter. If you're intension is corrosion prevention you're better off painting the suspension components with heavy bituminous paint (the kind of paint used to coat battery boxes) and rinse the suspension with water after know exposure to road salt.
True!....off to plan "B".
Plan C
Drive it till the wheels fall off, then buy another

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, how about that "Never Wet" stuff to keep the crap off the suspension components. I already had it on my goodies list for the inside of the fender fairings to keep the ice from building up, might work for this application too.

http://www.neverwet.com/map-consumer.php

Old bikers all love chrome, how about a nice heavy chrome job on all those exposed parts? I can see a new aftermarket product right there...

Top Bottom