• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I ordered Mine today.

7b9ab3df-3799-4a4e-a747-96c0943da878.jpg

pablotech1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pablotech1--- to enclose the entire front suspension you'll probably need a bellows over a foot in diameter. If you're intension is corrosion prevention you're better off painting the suspension components with heavy bituminous paint (the kind of paint used to coat battery boxes) and rinse the suspension with water after know exposure to road salt.

Yeah, that's what I meant, a foot and a half at least. I'm not talking about some off the shelf makeshift part. I want oem or true purpose aftermarket. Color matched to the rest of the Elio covers on the fenders and rear swing arm.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if this would go in the Options and Upgrades thread, or Tires, but I wouldn't mind having an extra set of rims with a set of fairly aggressive snow tires mounted on them...studded even better, but out here, I don't think studs are allowed in MO.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if this would go in the Options and Upgrades thread, or Tires, but I wouldn't mind having an extra set of rims with a set of fairly aggressive snow tires mounted on them...studded even better, but out here, I don't think studs are allowed in MO.

I am sure rims will be easy however I don't know how soon snow tires tires will be available for the 135/70 or 75R15 front tires which are expected to be on the Elio. However snow tires are currently available in 145/65R15 which is nearly identical in overall size and should work fine on the Elio.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am sure rims will be easy however I don't know how soon snow tires tires will be available for the 135/70 or 75R15 front tires which are expected to be on the Elio. However snow tires are currently available in 145/65R15 which is nearly identical in overall size and should work fine on the Elio.

Slightly taller tire wouldn't be a bad thing in the snow! Thanks for the input!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

for folks wanting a set of snow tires mounted on rims, 2 should be plenty .... with no power to the rear tire, there isn't a major advantage to running a snow tire in that position

Jim

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
for folks wanting a set of snow tires mounted on rims, 2 should be plenty .... with no power to the rear tire, there isn't a major advantage to running a snow tire in that position

Jim

I would think that a snow tire tread (especially studded) on the rear 'may' keep the rear from sliding out on you in a turn....possibly.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would think that a snow tire tread (especially studded) on the rear 'may' keep the rear from sliding out on you in a turn....possibly.

studs might help on ice .... tire treads are designed to shed water when the tire is moving in a forward or backward direction .... the edge of the outer rib on a tire is what would deal with a slide to the side .... I don't know that there would be much difference in the staggered pattern of the outer rib on a snow tire would make it better than the solid rib on a street tire
Jim

Last edited:

windblade

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. I've been looking for a list of standard vs. options and couldn't find one. Elio has put out a lot of information in various locations, so by using my Google-fu, I've been able to compile the attached list. Obviously, until Elio actually starts selling them, anything can change.
Wow thanks this is exactly what I've been looking for

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying let's not let this become another fuel door thread.

But I was looking at an interior photo of the P4 and noticed the cruise control buttons are on the left side of the wheel, with the right side unpopulated - does that annoy anyone else?
I feel like all the cars I've driven recently (personal and rentals) are the opposite, with cruise controls on the right and menu/radio/phone controls on the left.

It doesn't have much in terms of practical implications, and I know it's just the prototype, but that would annoy me on the production model.

DSC_0035_zps1c8bdf30.jpg

Top Bottom