• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
would you pay a little more to get LED lighting and NEVER have to replace bulbs ?

would you pay a little more for a frame built from ALUMINUM and substantially reduce weight (increase mileage) ?

would you pay a little more for a choice of interior color/fabric ?

would you pay a little more for a bluetooth interface (eliminate the dashboard dials) and just have a place for your iPhone (Samsung) too sit and be plugged in with music / gps / phone / etc ?

where is the radio antenna ? do we REALLY still need a CD/radio ??

is there a USB PLUG ??

what about a specific section where everyone can list what they want (and willing to pay extra for ) ??

has anyone created an aftermarket company to custom outfit an Elio ?
No, no, no, no, yes, don't need it, don't need it, not to my knowledge! I have LEDs through out my house, don't fool yourself, they can go out just like any other bulb. I have only replaced one bulb in my 11yo cavalier, I just replaced the whole light housing because they were so cloudy we could not see at night anymore, less than a $100.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
would you pay a little more to get LED lighting and NEVER have to replace bulbs ?

would you pay a little more for a frame built from ALUMINUM and substantially reduce weight (increase mileage) ?

would you pay a little more for a choice of interior color/fabric ?

would you pay a little more for a bluetooth interface (eliminate the dashboard dials) and just have a place for your iPhone (Samsung) too sit and be plugged in with music / gps / phone / etc ?

where is the radio antenna ? do we REALLY still need a CD/radio ??

is there a USB PLUG ??

what about a specific section where everyone can list what they want (and willing to pay extra for ) ??

has anyone created an aftermarket company to custom outfit an Elio ?

You may want to use the search button as all of the items you mentioned have been discussed in various places on this forum and most will be options even from day one.

Other options, such as an aluminum frame, may be possible at some point in the future however these would take more engineering work and Elio Motors first priority is to get this vehicle tested and into production as soon as they can. They can then work on some nicer options such as programming the Stability Control system with a trailer towing setting, higher power engine tuning, and even a version of this engine with a turbo for more power.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like I'm in the minority on here which is interesting considering most of my searching turned up similar layouts.
My last two cars have been Hyundai
F2nNn0v.jpg

and Subaru
8H1C4IZ.jpg

Rentals have been Chrysler
kuJ44Yl.jpg

And Ford
lHk6N9V.jpg

and Dodge
TneaEMy.jpg

Honorable mentions include

Honda
Y1Gi7wc.jpg

Kia
h14avUG.jpg

Aston Martin
MaRgNRN.jpg

And the list goes on....
Those sterring wheels are just plain scary to me. Mine is oh so much simpler than that. Whew! :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:cool: not for this first model,but future ones..a passenger door on the right side,turbo charger,towing package(adjustable rear shock,trailer hitch)and a air horn with programmable tunes based on mood.
Sounds like you are looking for a much different vehicle. Are you sure you want an Elio?

CaribbeanZombie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I tried the search function, to no avail, but I am planning on making the trip from Michigan to Louisiana, in order to do the factory tour, watch my Elio get built & then drive it home! I am SERIOUSLY worried about getting home, getting out of my brand new Elio, just to find chips in the paint from the drive home! That thought is not sitting very well with me & I would really like to see a custom auto bra option available at time of pick up! I'm going to email them about that now! :)

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tried the search function, to no avail, but I am planning on making the trip from Michigan to Louisiana, in order to do the factory tour, watch my Elio get built & then drive it home! I am SERIOUSLY worried about getting home, getting out of my brand new Elio, just to find chips in the paint from the drive home! That thought is not sitting very well with me & I would really like to see a custom auto bra option available at time of pick up! I'm going to email them about that now! :)
Good point. Don't forget the bras for the two sponsons. Kind freaky thinking about a bra with 3 cups though. In a pinch I'm thinking maybe this blue painters tape. (wide version) It's specifically designed to remove without damaging.

Top Bottom