• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Place some marine speakers under the Elio with a nice big amp and crank it up.

http://www.soundracer.se/?p=98
Hey Kuda and Craig, This is by far the baddest of the bad "Sound racer" in my book. I think you can pick this up for about $35 or so.
Are not we supposed to grow up.............nah.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or This:

This is way cool!
-----------------------------

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLhXm8AgDp4l1RQ79pAxfJ2sv_avWdmO2xi25XvCx1I_Vh0-NX.jpg
Kuda that is so cool, now add a speaker to get the sound to come out from under the hood and watch heads turn!:cool:

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tried the search function, to no avail, but I am planning on making the trip from Michigan to Louisiana, in order to do the factory tour, watch my Elio get built & then drive it home! I am SERIOUSLY worried about getting home, getting out of my brand new Elio, just to find chips in the paint from the drive home! That thought is not sitting very well with me & I would really like to see a custom auto bra option available at time of pick up! I'm going to email them about that now! :)

Chips in the paint are an excuse to get some custom paint work done :D...please tell me more about this trip to the factory to watch your car being built, then driving it home...that sounds very interesting to me...

CaribbeanZombie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
So, I asked EM about an autobra, in a coupla different forums & got a coupla different answers! In order to keep our Elio(s) looking shiny & new, with no chips in the paint, here are EM's suggestions:

EM: One of the options that we have planned is a vinyl wrap around the entire vehicle, so you could opt for that, get an awesome design, and if you want the original color when you get home, you can take the wrap off!

ME: Is the vinyl wrap strong enough to protect against the average stone thrown from a tire? Is there a guesstimate on the cost of the wrap? I am unfamiliar with "vinyl wraps", is there somewhere you could direct me for an example?

EM: Vinyl wraps are a quick way to change the look of your vehicle (such as adding a chrome finish, flat black) without affecting the look of your vehicle. It does protect from most stones cast from wheels, and we do not have a price estimated for it at this time. There's also something called plasti-dip that you spray just like a can of spray paint that protects the paint on your Elio. Take your pick!

ME: Is the plasti-dip an option offered by Elio or just something that can be purchased at any automotive store?

EM: Plasti-dip is something you can purchase separately and apply it yourself. We currently do not have any plans to offer plasti-dip on an Elio.

So there you have it! If you're picking up your Elio from the factory & wanna keep it looking new by the time you make it home...these are your options! :)

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bras (on women and cars) is like covering artwork with a burlap sack "to protect it". What good is a beautiful thing you can't see?

My Elio will have it's front end free, for all the world to see.

Seriously, I never understood putting an ugly piece of tarp on the front of a 10, 20, 30,000 dollar or more car.

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No one has mentioned a most desirable option, a heated steering wheel - you have no idea how nice they are until you have used one.

Interesting as I've not heard of a heated steering wheel. My last motorcycle was a big BMW that had heated grips. I thought it was a gimmick until the first cold morning when I turned them on - NICE!

I've got heated seats in my truck which I very much enjoy. I saw an air conditioned seat in a Toyota Avalon once and I'd LOVE to have one of those.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No one has mentioned a most desirable option, a heated steering wheel - you have no idea how nice they are until you have used one.

correct .... have never had a heated or cooled steering wheel and I have no idea how nice they may be .... if I lived in the Frozen Tundra area, I might feel differently but I have gloves that work well for me

Jim

Top Bottom