• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whether this is a $500 vehicle or a $50k vehicle...I'd treat them the same! Just because it's only $6800 doesn't mean that it's a throw away vehicle (although maybe to some)! I always swore that I'd NEVER buy a new vehicle & watch the depreciation as I drove it off the lot...the Elio has made the depreciation factor a null issue, so this will be my very first brand new "car" & as such holds sentimental value! Also, as a vehicle that I've invested myself in emotionally (I'm passionate about being "green"), it also holds sentiMENTAL value (mostly just mental as I wait for info releases from EM) ;)

My point being...for some of us that don't have much money & could never afford a new car, this is a game changer! Regardless of cost, keeping anything I buy looking shiny & new is important to me...I'm expecting to pull at least 500,000 miles from the engine!!! So whether it's an autobra, plasti-dip, vinyl wrap or some other method of protection...you can rest assured that I will find a way to protect my front end from "stuff" being thrown from other's tires! Has nothing to do with hiding or showing off, it's simply about keeping my Elio in showroom condition for as long as possible!!! :D
Sweet- Enjoy every mile!! for me to do 500,000 miles would. within estimates get me between my 125-130 birthday!!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whether this is a $500 vehicle or a $50k vehicle...I'd treat them the same! Just because it's only $6800 doesn't mean that it's a throw away vehicle (although maybe to some)! I always swore that I'd NEVER buy a new vehicle & watch the depreciation as I drove it off the lot...the Elio has made the depreciation factor a null issue, so this will be my very first brand new "car" & as such holds sentimental value! Also, as a vehicle that I've invested myself in emotionally (I'm passionate about being "green"), it also holds sentiMENTAL value (mostly just mental as I wait for info releases from EM) ;)

My point being...for some of us that don't have much money & could never afford a new car, this is a game changer! Regardless of cost, keeping anything I buy looking shiny & new is important to me...I'm expecting to pull at least 500,000 miles from the engine!!! So whether it's an autobra, plasti-dip, vinyl wrap or some other method of protection...you can rest assured that I will find a way to protect my front end from "stuff" being thrown from other's tires! Has nothing to do with hiding or showing off, it's simply about keeping my Elio in showroom condition for as long as possible!!! :D

Amen Brother!
This will be our first "new" vehicle too. And maybe our second new vehicle, too! ( almost got the wife talked in to another "all in" deposit ;) :) )

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to admit, I love that stuff and would love to see it in person. :) Z
This may have been addressed elsewhere, but wouldn't it be cool if Elio had a section within their plant for options? Kind of like a mini mall, or a flea market where vendors could each have a booth that would showcase their options for the Elio. I have a feeling that once we get the cars, the aftermarket stuff will be overwhelming and sorting through the options will be quite a task. It'd be cool if we could get them all in one place. Not only a catalog but also be able to walk through and see / touch the options.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This may have been addressed elsewhere, but wouldn't it be cool if Elio had a section within their plant for options? Kind of like a mini mall, or a flea market where vendors could each have a booth that would showcase their options for the Elio. I have a feeling that once we get the cars, the aftermarket stuff will be overwhelming and sorting through the options will be quite a task. It'd be cool if we could get them all in one place. Not only a catalog but also be able to walk through and see / touch the options.
I don't think that exact approach has been mentioned elsewhere. It actually sounds interesting but may be a huge temptation to spend a lot more money than some can afford. LOL :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
what, no Elgin dash .. :eek:
Jim

FYI: http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....t_id=847/category_id=416/mode=prod/prd847.htm
VHX-1017: Universal 5.7" X 12.05" Elliptical, Analog Instrument

zoom.png
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm?ptype=results_w&mode=zoom&image=prd_zm_847.jpg
prd_847.jpg
new.png

The new Universal VHX-1017 Elliptical gauge cluster measures 12.05" W x 5.7" H

Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday’s traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don’t normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems . Completely engineered and manufactured at our facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the VHX Series has completely revolutionized the instrumentation industry!

Last edited:
Top Bottom