• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Other Technologies That Will Need To Adapt

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I drive a narrow car now. Straddling things like manholes doesn't work very well. You can drive around most of them. At other times you will have to choose which wheel takes the shot. From my seat at the moment that will probably be one of the fronts.

Driving this vehicle will require us to adapt to the unique requirements it presents. I can't wait.
I read or heard a comment on a video by someone who actually drove the Elio. He said you had to adjust to being in the middle rather than to the left side but that didn't take long and then it felt very strange to drive from one side of the car. Since the Elio will be my only car once I adjust I won't have to worry about it. All you guys with all your vehicles may have lots of adjustments to make. Enjoy. I know I can't wait to make that first adjustment either. :-) Z

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read or heard a comment on a video by someone who actually drove the Elio. He said you had to adjust to being in the middle rather than to the left side but that didn't take long and then it felt very strange to drive from one side of the car. Since the Elio will be my only car once I adjust I won't have to worry about it. All you guys with all your vehicles may have lots of adjustments to make. Enjoy. I know I can't wait to make that first adjustment either. :) Z

I already drive in the center. My current car is a McLaren F1!! I wish. lol

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to admit, I rarely see a pot hole in the middle of the lane. If there is one, it is the width of the lane. The center of the lane is the smoothest part, and yes the slickest. Fronts are for braking. I'm not worried about hitting pot hile with rear wheel.
Exactly, potholes generally happen from wear and tear of vehicles driving over the road and there's not many vehicles that have a tire in the center. Debris seems like it would be the biggest obstacle or lack of braking power during wet conditions. I know when my motorcycle was my only transportation, rain or shine, I would stay away from the center of the lane when it was raining. Unless I wanted a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think a pothole will do only half the damage, and half the disturbance....hitting only one tire, whichever place it hits.... I live in FL, we have potholes the size of teacups so do not extrapolate my musings to YankeeLand.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Traction in the center probably won't be much of an issue. That rear tire is mostly along for the ride. I know it'll have to have enough traction to track correctly but that shouldn't take very much. I wonder how much more grip is in the center of the lane because of this one thing I've noticed... Most tailpipes are off center. I know there are cars with dripping oil pans and whatnot that could oil up the center a bit but I wonder how that compares with oil that exits via the exhaust... Probably not very much anymore in either case.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know there are cars with dripping oil pans and whatnot that could oil up the center a bit
That's the point I was trying to make. After the first rain of the season I would purposely right in the center of the lane because I could easily do burnouts do to the dirt and oil build up in the center. There is not much there, but it doesn't take much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carroll Whittle

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I read or heard a comment on a video by someone who actually drove the Elio. He said you had to adjust to being in the middle rather than to the left side but that didn't take long and then it felt very strange to drive from one side of the car. Since the Elio will be my only car once I adjust I won't have to worry about it. All you guys with all your vehicles may have lots of adjustments to make. Enjoy. I know I can't wait to make that first adjustment either. :) Z
Everyone should love the ELIO.....best thing for this country in 50 years.....GO ELIO!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom