• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Other Technologies That Will Need To Adapt

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a guess here, but it looks like Cooper manufactures "entry level" tires for a 15" wheel with a minimum rim width of 5" (P205/70R15). Surely nothing smaller than that would be used up front. Rear tire might well be a 6" - 7.5" rim width (P225/70R15), but probably not much more. These are tires in the "economy" "Trendsetter" line, and are probably about a cheap as you can buy from a domestic manufacturer. (Incidentally, Cooper is carried by Pep Boys.)
I don't remember where I had seen this but someone spoke with one of the VP's at an event and they stated the that the fronts would be a 135/70r15 or a 135/75r15. Cooper does not currently make them. They are going to introduce a new tire just for the front of the Elio. It will be similar to the size of a temporary spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's about all that's really needed, size wise, but I'm glad they're going to go with a fairly large section tire that will help the ride. Those thin 255/30ZR-20's may be stylin' but they make any vehicle to which they are attached ride like a lumber wagon. I gotta laugh when I see dubs on a luxury car. . . . :p

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's about all that's really needed, size wise, but I'm glad they're going to go with a fairly large section tire that will help the ride. Those thin 255/30ZR-20's may be stylin' but they make any vehicle to which they are attached ride like a lumber wagon. I gotta laugh when I see dubs on a luxury car. . . . :p

Yup. Really hurts acceleration, too.

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...there are things we take for granted that will need to change.

-A third ramp for a trailer

-Front Wheel Alignment on a three wheeled vehicle. (They will need to determine Centerline)

-Drive through food windows /toll booths/parking garage machines, etc...(can't reach)

...wonder what else might be "weird".
Carwash!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I already have to open the door at ATMs, etc because I am tiny and just can't reach no matter how close I get... so I'm not bothered by this issue, especially with the short distance between the body and outside wheel. We will figure it out. :)

Hey Lil t, Welcome to the "family". We do have a "crazy uncle" or two that we just don't talk about. :confused: :oops: :eek: :rolleyes:

Top Bottom