• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Other Technologies That Will Need To Adapt

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I already have to open the door at ATMs, etc because I am tiny and just can't reach no matter how close I get... so I'm not bothered by this issue, especially with the short distance between the body and outside wheel. We will figure it out. :)
Lit t, welcome to the forum and this group of Elio supporters (mostly) and future owners. Hope you find the forum helpful in answering all your questions. The members are helpful and friendly and we look forward to your questions, comments, and opinions. Hope you enjoy the journey with the rest of us.

LonePine

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I already have to open the door at ATMs, etc because I am tiny and just can't reach no matter how close I get... so I'm not bothered by this issue, especially with the short distance between the body and outside wheel. We will figure it out. :)
Adaptation, ohhhhh, Yes ! I'm not sure why, but I'm still puzzled by the number of people that expect the rest of the world make things more convenient for them and them alone, ignoring the fact that the design of the Elio is ITSELF an adaptation to reality. I haven't even Seen an actual copy of the vehicle, but I even had a Dream about slipping through the air at highway speed in that slim little cigar shape. All things come to those who wait.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a guess here, but it looks like Cooper manufactures "entry level" tires for a 15" wheel with a minimum rim width of 5" (P205/70R15). Surely nothing smaller than that would be used up front. Rear tire might well be a 6" - 7.5" rim width (P225/70R15), but probably not much more. These are tires in the "economy" "Trendsetter" line, and are probably about a cheap as you can buy from a domestic manufacturer. (Incidentally, Cooper is carried by Pep Boys.)

Why on Earth would a 1200 lb vehicle need such over wide tires? It'd just kill fuel economy.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why on Earth would a 1200 lb vehicle need such over wide tires? It'd just kill fuel economy.
It won't, my point is that Cooper doesn't have a suitable tire in their inventory. It now appears that they are willing to develop tires specifically for the Elio, which is a considerable win-win for all of us.

Top Bottom