• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Others Reaction To The Elio

hippazoid

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
olddog1946 is right... A good set of horns is the thing to get people's attention.

I had a set of Fiam 2-trumpet air horns on my old Kaw 900. Any bike guys will tell ya, you always have to be on the lookout for the other folks on the road. I got great satisfaction from watching someone yank their car back into their lane because they thought they were about to be run over by a semi truck. :)

I have seen the Elio (P3) in person and it is bigger than one initially gives it credit for BUT I will probably still put a set of Fiams on it just in case I need to turn some faces white and wide-eyed. hehe

Hipp

hippazoid

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
olddog1946 is right... A good set of horns is the thing to get people's attention.

I had a set of Fiam 2-trumpet air horns on my old Kaw 900. Any bike guys will tell ya, you always have to be on the lookout for the other folks on the road. I got great satisfaction from watching someone yank their car back into their lane because they thought they were about to be run over by a semi truck. :)

I have seen the Elio (P3) in person and it is bigger than one initially gives it credit for BUT I will probably still put a set of Fiams on it just in case I need to turn some faces white and wide-eyed. hehe

Hipp

The only problem with the Fiams will be room for mounting in the Elio. They use a small electric compressor that has to be remote mounted. Mine ran off of the standard horn relay on the Kawi and the compressor was mounted under one of the side covers. Doesn't take a huge amount of room but we'll have to wait and see.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That attitude comes through whether you are driving an Elio or a Minicooper or SmartCar. It really will not make much difference, an AH is a AH no matter how you cut it. Same happens on a bike, people tailgate and seem dazed, especially if you need to stop. I always ride with one eye in the rearview in stop and go traffic.
OOPS! No rear view.:)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am a little concerned that the "I'm bigger than you" attitude could make driving the Elio a true concern. There are those out there who are just plain AH's and may show aggressiveness in light of the Elios' size, MPG, etc. I've been pushed around on my scooter before (not for going slow. I am the one normally passing) and without quick reaction time and a place to go you're in big trouble. I haven't seen the Elio in person so maybe my concerns are ill constructed. Anyone else thinking about this?
That's why I carry this. Should even things out.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio won't really be any different than any other car except that you'll have to be concious of your front wheels being wider than the car body in tight spaces. Other drivers might not be paying attention to that since they're used to judging spacing by the car body. Won't stop me from driving one though, just have to be a little more attentive. Always assume the other guy is going to do something stupid and drive accordingly.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I drive a Grand Prix, not a small car by any means, but during the height of the SUV craze I'd have giant SUVs and Hummers riding my bumper and my solution would simply be to coast down to about 25mph until they backed off. I got a few thousand dollars in court from the guy who decided he would try ramming my bumper a few times as "encouragement".

Top Bottom