• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Our Beloved Zelio

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know that the personal lives of our members are none of the rest of our business, but it kind of would have been nice to get some kind of heads up on the upcoming procedure, even if it was very general and non-specific. It's a little tough to offer prayers to The Great Physician after-the-fact.
I'm still broken up about about this one...
Comp, Z didn't want to ruin anyone's Christmas Celebrations worrying about her surgery. Only a hand full of people knew. She even apologized to me for possibly ruining my Christmas worrying about her. I assured her my Christmas was already in shambles, as our daughter and family had decided to spend the Holidays in the Caribbean. It had nothing to do with her, little did I know. I spent most of Christmas Eve day, asking God to watch over Z during her surgery. God did as I asked and when things did not go well, brought her home.

Last edited:

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've not been active as of late. I'm saddened to read that Zelio had passed.
Condolences to her family.

Wait.......Please, I did not say all I wanted.

We all met "Z" when she joined the group, and was amused by her post, and
enthusiasm for the Elio. She greeted all newcomers, with a kind word of "welcome",
and, added so much to the Group, that made it so enjoyable to read her thoughts.

We lost a dear friend, who was an outstanding, and positive part of this
Elio adventure! She will be dearly missed.....

Last edited:

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is how I will remember "Z".... when I had lunch with her after taking this picture in Portland... a Great loss for US all..

.View attachment 3986 View attachment 3986

A sad day in the Elio Nation... May there always be a little "Z" in your Elio!!... adding a "Z" to my pin stripes... so she can ride the roads in a Elio..

Proud to Be.. an Elio owner #2225Z see ya on the road...
This pic almost makes me cry...
The Z in the pin stripe is a great idea, I'd love to do the same. I fully intend on making my delivery journey in her memory.

AtoZelio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am Aaron, Z's (zelio's) oldest son.

First, I apologize for taking so long to contact you all. I know people have been anxious for news. But losing my mom has been a blow to me, and it has taken me a few days to get back to (semi-) functional.

Second, on behalf of the family I want to thank you all for the tremendous outpouring of love, support, and tributes you have shown here. Not all have seen it yet, but I have told them about it, and they are all deeply grateful for the kindness and support you have shown.

Finally, thank you to all of you for riding along with her on this Elio journey. She had a blast this year participating in this, and you guys were as big a part of the fun as the Elio itself. Thanks for giving that to her.

I wanted to keep this post short, so an update of what's going on will be in my next post, to come later this evening.

AG

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First, I apologize for taking so long to contact you all. I know people have been anxious for news. But losing my mom has been a blow to me, and it has taken me a few days to get back to (semi-) functional.

Second, on behalf of the family I want to thank you all for the tremendous outpouring of love, support, and tributes you have shown here. Not all have seen it yet, but I have told them about it, and they are all deeply grateful for the kindness and support you have shown.

Finally, thank you to all of you for riding along with her on this Elio journey. She had a blast this year participating in this, and you guys were as big a part of the fun as the Elio itself. Thanks for giving that to her.

I wanted to keep this post short, so an update of what's going on will be in my next post, to come later this evening.

AG
Hello Aaron, Welcome to the "Zelio" Elio Family! First let me express my condolences to you and your family with a huge hug across the miles. I lost my Father in May of 2013, so I know the devastation of losing ones parent. While as our parents grow older and we tell ourselves it is inevetable and someday,........we are never ready or prepared, when the day actuality comes. Remember to take time for your grieving and when needed, just walk away and take some time for YOU. Your Mom was a very SPECIAL Lady to me and my only regret, is that I never had the chance to meet her in person. How lucky you are, to have known her your entire life and the memories you have to share with others. I hope to one day, meet the sons, of this very special lady.

Sharon McMahan-Mulnix
Arvada, CO

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Aaron,
At some time in the future a few of us local Ohio folks would like to meet with you and share our experiences with your mom. She sure was very special to all of us and to your family. If we maybe of any service to help your family through your loss please don't hesitate to ask for our help. Your mom will forever be my copilot as I travel across this wonderful country.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

AG
Welcome Aaron, I'm so sorry about your loss, she was a wonderful person.

Top Bottom