• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Our Beloved Zelio

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am Aaron, Z's (zelio's) oldest son.

First, I apologize for taking so long to contact you all. I know people have been anxious for news. But losing my mom has been a blow to me, and it has taken me a few days to get back to (semi-) functional.

Second, on behalf of the family I want to thank you all for the tremendous outpouring of love, support, and tributes you have shown here. Not all have seen it yet, but I have told them about it, and they are all deeply grateful for the kindness and support you have shown.

Finally, thank you to all of you for riding along with her on this Elio journey. She had a blast this year participating in this, and you guys were as big a part of the fun as the Elio itself. Thanks for giving that to her.

I wanted to keep this post short, so an update of what's going on will be in my next post, to come later this evening.

AG
Welcome. and thanks for alerting your mother to the Elio which led her to this forum. She brought us much joy,chastised us when appropriate and made us better people for knowing her. May you and your family take comfort in knowing she was loved and respected by forum members around the world.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am Aaron, Z's (zelio's) oldest son.

First, I apologize for taking so long to contact you all. I know people have been anxious for news. But losing my mom has been a blow to me, and it has taken me a few days to get back to (semi-) functional.

Second, on behalf of the family I want to thank you all for the tremendous outpouring of love, support, and tributes you have shown here. Not all have seen it yet, but I have told them about it, and they are all deeply grateful for the kindness and support you have shown.

Finally, thank you to all of you for riding along with her on this Elio journey. She had a blast this year participating in this, and you guys were as big a part of the fun as the Elio itself. Thanks for giving that to her.

I wanted to keep this post short, so an update of what's going on will be in my next post, to come later this evening.

AG
Hello Aaron. Your Mother was a very special person. If you were the child she had that was born in TN, we may have been delivered by the same doctors. Here's a quote from her that would verify that:

"Normally I would say there have probably been a lot of changes since I left in 1972. However, considering the few changes that I learned about the 2 years I was there (the town was no longer behind fences) maybe there have not been that many changes. "Downtown" Oak Ridge was what now would be called an open mall. There were some new homes in the area but most of us lived in the old government housing. I loved the fact that the residential areas of government housing had greenbelts around and within them. It made it seem less "governmental" even though the houses all looked alike for the most part. Your mother and I probably had the same doctors since there were only 3 and they had all been there for some time. She probably had one more than me because one of the 3 had stopped obstetrical work and only took gynecological patients by the time I was there. Small world. :) Z"

Aaron, I will also invite you to the "conversations" I had with your Mother, so you can read more of her thoughts in more care free days. I know I would have loved to have something like that from my Father when he passed. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Best wishes,

Doug

Last edited:

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aaron, sorry for the loss of your mother. Since we knew and loved the "digital" Zelio on this forum, visually for those that have not met her in person, (at least for me) she is visually remembered for her avatar. When I see that image of "Yellow Bird Ascending" I immediately think of Z.

I've combined her avatar with the Elio for a visual remembrance of her and affinity for this vehicle's concept. And if this gives anyone an idea for custom wraps to give a "real world" salute to Z, all the better.

zeliotribute2.jpg

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aaron, sorry for the loss of your mother. Since we knew and loved the "digital" Zelio on this forum, visually for those that have not met her in person, (at least for me) she is visually remembered for her avatar. When I see that image of "Yellow Bird Ascending" I immediately think of Z.

I've combined her avatar with the Elio for a visual remembrance of her and affinity for this vehicle's concept. And if this gives anyone an idea for custom wraps to give a "real world" salute to Z, all the better.

View attachment 4038
One word. Perfect!!

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want to express my condolences to Zelio's family. She was a very special person and full of life.
She had me amazed that she seemed to like all of my stupid posts and I wondered who is this person.
She sent me a message to welcome me.

She will be missed.

maybe we should all change our avatars for the month of January just to show how much of an impact she made in such a short time.

AtoZelio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
As promised, here's what's going on:

My brother and I are heirs and are responsible for managing this "transition". Between the two of us we've decided I would be lead for this, so I'm trying to coordinate cremation, memorials, estate matters, etc. Since I've been dysfunctional for a few days this has been slow going at best.

I've just made arrangements for cremation, with memorials to come later.

We are trying to consider several communities touched by her:
1. immediate family
2. Sutherlin/Roseburg Oregon friends
3. Elio family (yeah, you guys are arguably second(first ? ;)) family to her)

This is the way I'm thinking right now:

We have some ideas for immediate family remembrance, which would be just family, one of which would include a grave marker (by the way, I love some of those ideas listed here for that).

The first opportunity for "wider family and friends" would probably be a memorial in Sutherlin/Roseburg Oregon area. This would probably happen sometime in the next few weeks.

For the Elio family? Certainly all are welcome to Sutherlin, but I know not everyone has the means to gather there, and I don't want to leave anyone out, so perhaps something else? Hence the the request for ideas from you.

Bottom line, plans are just gelling now; keep your eyes peeled for the next few days as we try to work this out. Keep the suggestions coming - we want you part of the planning.

Sorry if this is chaotic and unconventional: I'm a bit out of my element with all this. On the other hand, my mom would have no problem with unconventional. ;)

AG

AtoZelio

Elio Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 4038

Regarding "Yellow Bird Ascending" on the hood: Wow. Just. Wow.

Top Bottom