• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Owner Mocked

Ray O

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Share your dream. My Elio will have retro fenders retro wheels and brushed aluminum interior. I will put the web sight Motorcarportfolio.com on the Elio for advertising. Help Motorcar Portfolio who sell cars of the past that answer people dream and memory.

The individuals who get there Elio's early will have so much fun answering questions. Just imagine if some one had a cause and could use their Elio for there advertisement. Say a pink Elio to fight Breast Cancer. People wont be able to help themselves to ask about the Elio.

Let,s all share a dream for our Elio's.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sharing my dream is what I'm looking for. Can't wait to discuss the Elio with the common man on the street or shopping center parking lot.

Have a handicap parking pass so I'm going to park it out front of every place I visit. Should be pretty much fully retired by the time I receive my Elio in about a year so that will be my hobby. Rolling ambassador. Hope to attend as many car shows as possible around my area and be in some local parades.

Got to have a plan.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sharing my dream is what I'm looking for. Can't wait to discuss the Elio with the common man on the street or shopping center parking lot.

Have a handicap parking pass so I'm going to park it out front of every place I visit. Should be pretty much fully retired by the time I receive my Elio in about a year so that will be my hobby. Rolling ambassador. Hope to attend as many car shows as possible around my area and be in some local parades.

Got to have a plan.
I like your idea of going to local car shows! Many have thought about printing up some cards that have the details of the car and passing them out.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I like your idea of going to local car shows! Many have thought about printing up some cards that have the details of the car and passing them out.
We had a thread earlier that we went into different cards and things; someone said they were going to have a signboard made up that would fit the back trunk / hatch cover that had "This is an Elio" and then list the different selling point; this way when someone saw it on the road it would save him rolling down the window to answer questions; great idea!:thumb:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a heads up concerning the time it is taking for production to start. I was at our local cigar shop and someone asked me when I was going to receive my Elio and before I could answer someone said "never" and then laughed me to scorn; another person said it probably seems like never and laughed also will another person said " it is just a 3 wheeled motorcycle". Initially, I talked up Elio to the cigar shop patrons and even had one person sign up to receive an Elio also but now I am mute for obvious reasons. Explaining logistics does not help but an Elio delivered would sure make some people eat their words. I am finding that this seems to be the general consensus everywhere considering the slowing owner numbers posted. It was really a kick in the pants when Elio decided to produce 100 vehicles for some business instead of those who are all in owners.
You have probably heard the saying, "There are three types of people:
1) Those who make things happen,
2) Those who watch things happen,
& 3) Those who wonder what happened!

Won't they be surprised? :confused2: :Cry: :faint:

am_fm_radio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Pre production or test vehicles were always part of the plan.

It was never mentioned when I signed up... NOT 100 - 100 IS A PRODUCTION RUN!! .

The story at the time I signed up was that the pre-production units were out and about drumming up interest and reservations because no one could buy one.. Well, it pretty aparent they sold 100...else they would be going to the first 100 reservations..

Does GM-Chrylser-Ford et al, produce 100 Pre production or test vehicles at a time? So tell me where this is industry SOP- Standard Operating Proceedure and not a fleet sale to some conglamorate; that to sweeten the deal and make the sale, they put them to the front of the line. Explain to me why anyone should not feel they are now 100 units further back in line? Want to bet the Fleet sale is to someone like the Post Office. That's where the first SAGWAY's went. circumventing all other customers. Now no one wants one.. Especially since Paul Blart made them famous in the movie.

Call it what you want-
Clearly the pending 100 unit production run IS a Fleet Sale and IS circumventing reservations for the first 100 people who reserved one prior to that fleet sale agreement. Only thing we don't have is a court of law saying that is FACT..

I am not one of the 100 people effected; I am one of the 24,230 who are now 100 units delayed...

post edited to remove confrontational comments

Last edited by a moderator:

am_fm_radio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Just a heads up concerning the time it is taking for production to start. I was at our local cigar shop and someone asked me when I was going to receive my Elio and before I could answer someone said "never" and then laughed me to scorn; another person said it probably seems like never and laughed also will another person said " it is just a 3 wheeled motorcycle". Initially, I talked up Elio to the cigar shop patrons and even had one person sign up to receive an Elio also but now I am mute for obvious reasons. Explaining logistics does not help but an Elio delivered would sure make some people eat their words. I am finding that this seems to be the general consensus everywhere considering the slowing owner numbers posted. It was really a kick in the pants when Elio decided to produce 100 vehicles for some business instead of those who are all in owners.

You are NOT AN OWNER -- You have only a RESERVATION and paid a small deposit... It's obvious ELIO. cut a deal, and sold someone terms the general public can't get, and factually ignored your reservation, which is now delayed by 100 units.

edited to remove confrontational comment

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom