• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Front wheel spatz are the way to go if you have any knowledge of aerodynamics. If your big thing is wheel rims, buy yourself an old ''80''s clunker and add all the "COOL " rims and geegaws you want---but leave the factory designed ELIO alone!! RB

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is ridiculously flawed logic. You sound like a 3yr old running across the room yelling "MY TOY!!!!" when another child touches one of their toys.
What makes the Elio more special than an "80s clunker"???? Weren't all the "80s clunkers" factory designed?

Ehhh, I've got enough archaic clunkers (using your logic) from the '60s and '70s, and one clunker from the '80s and don't really want another; a 1980 Bradley GTE, one of 50.

sfruechte

Elio Fan
Reaction score
This is ridiculously flawed logic. You sound like a 3yr old running across the room yelling "MY TOY!!!!" when another child touches one of their toys.
What makes the Elio more special than an "80s clunker"???? Weren't all the "80s clunkers" factory designed?

Ehhh, I've got enough archaic clunkers (using your logic) from the '60s and '70s, and one clunker from the '80s and don't really want another; a 1980 Bradley GTE, one of 50.

This is an ELIO site. What's with the drama?

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then if you want fancy rims , buy"em and stick "em on your ""archaic clunkers"and be done with it!! Drama is required when dealing with some "people"! The Elio folks have invested substantial sums in design, and while spatz may well deflect road dirt,etc., they are primarily for drag reduction to assist in obtaining the hoped for milage claims!! (and sure wish I was 3 years old again!)

George Aldridge

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I can see the wheel covers for BETTER aerodynamics, but look at the rear end -- the edges are now square for LESS aerodynamics?
Looking at the line drawings, it appears that the new wheel covers a larger then then need to be as they will move with the wheel they need NO extra space.
For snow/chains, just take them off.
elio4_side_fender2 - for wheel.jpg

dteke

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Why spend more design time and money to get that 84mpg number at the cost of making an ugly vehicle? Leave the sporty look alone if anything put a cool mag on the rear wheel and show it as well. Things we could really use are a half door for getting into the back and a place under the hood for a donut spare.
It may be legal to run without front fenders since it's technically a motorcycle.
DT

Last edited:

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind the new fenders, but I thought they would be more like the one's that are on the Aptera 2e, which did not make it to production... The Elio new fenders are blunt/rounded, I kind of thought they would be more aerodynamic like the Aptera... for me it is all about the miles per gallon... I have the time, but not the cash, and the Elio opens up the roads for me... so what ever is going to get me the best mpg... I'm in...

Proud to be a Elio owner... soon..

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good comment from Portland. The design engineers on the P-4 version did a fantastic job, spatz , body line, headlights, and all!! Milaege is the key element regardless of what or how the crazies want to screw it up with fancy wheels , extra doors (for what?), etc.,etc., RB

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will need to add a good alarm system for my Elio because I can see people seeing it for the first time on the street just want to "joyride" with it! LOL

Top Bottom