• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not like the New LOOK one bit....Part of what they were selling was the cool factor. the P # with the open mag wheels and the headlights on the side Looked cool, Once you put the headlights into the hood and cover the wheels and front tires with a full fender it is down right UGLY. I received my all in package today with the original prototype....Guess I might as well throw that away. Grey on the fenders around the back of front fenders on P4 and grey around rear wheel looks tacky. The Fenders if this is going to be the final model needs to at least have full body color fenders. Very Disappointed in the change. It will lose the cool factor and become that GEEK car. I definitely will not be promoting it anymore. except for gas mileage. Double D in Ohio

Rolf

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not like the New LOOK one bit....Part of what they were selling was the cool factor. the P # with the open mag wheels and the headlights on the side Looked cool, Once you put the headlights into the hood and cover the wheels and front tires with a full fender it is down right UGLY. I received my all in package today with the original prototype....Guess I might as well throw that away. Grey on the fenders around the back of front fenders on P4 and grey around rear wheel looks tacky. The Fenders if this is going to be the final model needs to at least have full body color fenders. Very Disappointed in the change. It will lose the cool factor and become that GEEK car. I definitely will not be promoting it anymore. except for gas mileage. Double D in Ohio

Question: Are you buying this vehicle to be "cool" or to have a very economical, fun way to travel?

David K

Reaction score
I think the design has evolved nicely and I hope the team has settled on P4. Just like any vehicle personal modifications will bring further twists to this already very cool setup. Can't wait to zip around Pittsburgh roads in my blue with blacked out windows Elio!

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Double D---the only thing you said I agree with is the gray after panels on spatz and rear of body should be body color! As for this "cool" factor, the whole machine is "cool" and has great appeal to the vast majority of veiwers-------who seek inexpensive transportation at moderate cost to operate!!! RB

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Question: Are you buying this vehicle to be "cool" or to have a very economical, fun way to travel?
A Little of both. Economy will win out and the P4 probably is slicker in the wind. But they have been parading around the P3 as "the CAR." I will still buy mine when it comes time to get it but if they want to sell more and thus stay in Business the P3 model should be available and not for much more than the p4.....Call it truth in advertising. I also suggested they need to come up with a plan for 2 outrigger wheels for those of us in the northern climates. Today right now it is 1 degree above ZERO in the Dayton and Cinn, Ohio area. If there are only 2 ruts in the road the center wheel is going to be riding over ice and making a lot of noise. These out riggers would have to tie into the brake system and lift the rear center wheel off the ground. Yes it will cut into mileage some and it will probably have to be an option. But if they don't come up with something it will become a 3 season vehicle. Just like a motorcycle that is a touring BIKE.

Rolf

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Little of both. Economy will win out and the P4 probably is slicker in the wind. But they have been parading around the P3 as "the CAR." I will still buy mine when it comes time to get it but if they want to sell more and thus stay in Business the P3 model should be available and not for much more than the p4.....Call it truth in advertising. I also suggested they need to come up with a plan for 2 outrigger wheels for those of us in the northern climates. Today right now it is 1 degree above ZERO in the Dayton and Cinn, Ohio area. If there are only 2 ruts in the road the center wheel is going to be riding over ice and making a lot of noise. These out riggers would have to tie into the brake system and lift the rear center wheel off the ground. Yes it will cut into mileage some and it will probably have to be an option. But if they don't come up with something it will become a 3 season vehicle. Just like a motorcycle that is a touring BIKE.

Elio is NOT to replace an SUV or 4X4. I keep my Jeep Grand Cherokee and would use the Elio only to commute on Snow free streets. But even in winter, most roads and highway's are plowed and pretty good to drive on, at least here in the north with temperatures in the -30F.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the P4 was a huge step backwards as far as styling goes. The P3 headlights and front fenders/wheels were great. The non color matched lower rear cover section looks terrible and cheap; the new fenders are hideous. I wonder if anyone will offer P3 light pods aftermarket. I'd certainly be in for a set.
The opening trunk lid is a definite plus.
If they don't get the P4 out in place of the P3 they are going to have a lot of people think they were misled. I agree huge step backwards, and Hideous is the Perfect word for all the fender skirts all the way around. If they are going to do them they should be the same color as the body all the way around on the fenders, front and back! Double D in Ohio

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is NOT to replace an SUV or 4X4. I keep my Jeep Grand Cherokee and would use the Elio only to commute on Snow free streets. But even in winter, most roads and highway's are plowed and pretty good to drive on, at least here in the north with temperatures in the -30F.
You are in Canada, Maybe your snow people respond quicker to getting down to dry pavement. but during early morning commutes in Ohio it takes them awhile to get down to bare pavement. If I have to drive My Truck, I'm defeating the purpose of having the Elio. MPG's year round to have more disposable income to do with what i want. If I just wanted 3 seasons and MPG's i would keep my 65 mpg scooter that cost me 3800 bucks. The middle wheel is going to make a lot of noise if it doesn't get lifted off the ground. I'll keep throwing ideas their way..... The cup Holder was in an odd place in the earlier renderings......It was behind the stick shift. If you are driving a stick it is better in front. Have a Saturn 5 speed as my beater car.....Cup Holder in front works just fine. Best place to give them any ideas you have is on FaceBook page. The more we tell them before they Finalize a design the better the 1st model year car will be. Double D in Ohio.

Top Bottom