• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please add what you would like to see on the next and hopefully last prototype.
I would like the following
P3 fenders/wheels
P4 trunk opening
Actual production engine
Automatic option (cost)
Half door for passenger access
Spare temp tire somewhere
DT
A suicide half door would be kind of cool, but it would add a lot of weight, design time and cost. On the Ford Ranger that option was a mere $10,000 extra. It is a statisical fact that the vast majority of us commute to work alone, and I don't know if anyone will actually be joyriding in that backseat anyway. Cant see it being worth the cost.

Jeff Hawthorn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I could do without the backseat, with my travels 45 min to work at O.S.U. I also take alot of weekends to Lake Erie, the added space would be utilized more for clotheing and fishing gear then a second person. Odds for a second person are slim thats what the CRV and Element are for.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I could do without the backseat, with my travels 45 min to work at O.S.U. I also take alot of weekends to Lake Erie, the added space would be utilized more for clothing and fishing gear then a second person. Odds for a second person are slim thats what the CRV and Element are for.

I believe most Elios will end up being used primarily for a single person however I also believe it would be much harder for them to sell a single seat vehicle so two seats in tandem is a good compromise that also adds nice extra functionality.

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I could do without the backseat, with my travels 45 min to work at O.S.U. I also take alot of weekends to Lake Erie, the added space would be utilized more for clotheing and fishing gear then a second person. Odds for a second person are slim thats what the CRV and Element are for.
Once we get to see the car in our driveway first hand, you may be able to remove the back seat? It's a simple design, and hopefully it stays that way!

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
As I read through all these wish list pages, I have a thought here and there that many have lost sight of the premise of this vehicle. Let Elio do their thing, by making the two options available, in the colors available, then you do YOUR thing by adding the items you want. KISS.
Some have mentioned having an incentive program for those getting others to put down their money. So, we have a start up company trying to get in the game, admittedly short on cash and now you want them to give you something for flapping your lips. When did we become such greedy SOB's? If you are really interested in getting an Elio of your own, do what you can to help them achieve their goal.
I like the concept enough to scrape up the grand as soon as I did my research and made up my mind that I wanted one and was reasonably sure I wasn't going to throw the money away. I don't know what options will be available for sure, what it will look like for sure, or what it will cost for sure. I do know that I will have one and if I want to add or delete things I will at my own discretion.
THAT'S ALL I'VE GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT !!!
I can't agree with you more...
PEOPLE....IT'S A CONCEPT CAR RIGHT NOW!! THAT'S WHY IT IS P3 OR P4..."PROTOTYPE" not canvas! If you want all this other stuff, BUY A CAR!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't agree with you more...
PEOPLE....IT'S A CONCEPT CAR RIGHT NOW!! THAT'S WHY IT IS P3 OR P4..."PROTOTYPE" not canvas! If you want all this other stuff, BUY A CAR!

I can't agree with you more! I think MOST of us here also agree with you. The title if this thread is "wish list" not "demand list". Folks here are merely saying, "WHEN I get my Elio, I WANT to do, "this or that". Nothing wrong with that (or "this"). These are the dreams that keep us inspired. And those without dreams beyond just owning a bare bones Elio...they are covered, too!

GO ELIO ! ! !

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So lets see Auto trans = 800.00. Dealer pre./ destination charge = 750.00. Discount = 500.00. Deposit = 1000.00. Gona cost me $6850.00 smackers before $3500.00 for my add ons 10350.00. Then The great state of Arkansas will tax 8.25% of the total package = $853.00. = $11203.00. Still pretty good price for a new car.
MK

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
So lets see Auto trans = 800.00. Dealer pre./ destination charge = 750.00. Discount = 500.00. Deposit = 1000.00. Gona cost me $6850.00 smackers before $3500.00 for my add ons 10350.00. Then The great state of Arkansas will tax 8.25% of the total package = $853.00. = $11203.00. Still pretty good price for a new car.
MK

I would say so. Don't forget that in addition to that great price you will also be more fuel efficient than any other gas powered car on the road saving you even more money over time.

That price is actually less than the cheapest new car on the road today, the 2015 Nissan Versa Sedan, which gets about half the fuel mileage and has an MSRP of $11,990 plus destination charge, dealer prep, auto trans ($1K), add-ons, tax and misc. I doubt the dealers would sell a similarly configured Versa for under $14K all in.

Top Bottom