• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could do without the backseat, with my travels 45 min to work at O.S.U. I also take alot of weekends to Lake Erie, the added space would be utilized more for clotheing and fishing gear then a second person. Odds for a second person are slim thats what the CRV and Element are for.
I LIKE that idea. removable back seat as a seperate option. I'm sure lots of us don't need a back seat and/or could use the cargo space. And those who need one can buy one. Maybe just put in mounting hardware for a backseat and for mounting a child car seat in the back without a rear seat. Then if you need a child seat just snap it in, and if you need a regular seat, buy one and snap it in. The idea of selling optional rear seating is not new, and it helps bring the Elio in at target price, plus they can make a few bucks selling seats.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Goofyone, I'd forgot about the gas or lack there of. Thanks!
Pretty sure 4 bolts should undo the back seat. If one can get to them. Pretty sure mine will be coming out.
MK

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't agree with you more...
PEOPLE....IT'S A CONCEPT CAR RIGHT NOW!! THAT'S WHY IT IS P3 OR P4..."PROTOTYPE" not canvas! If you want all this other stuff, BUY A CAR!
You're absolutely right. BUT, I think we're just throwin thoughts around. I don't think I hear anyone sayin' any of this kind of stuff would change their buying decision. Lets face it, the car don't exist yet, we don't have a lot else to discuss while waiting.

Carolyn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Another thing I've been thinking about is the interior noise and conversation. I'm not expecting the Elio to be any quieter than an inexpensive car, which would make conversation not easy. Is there any way that conversation could be enhanced--perhaps like a microphone in the front and speakers in the rear, or something like that? We envision using the Elio quite a bit. When we return from Hungary, we will not have much money, and we will have to buy a car, so the Elio might be our only car for a while. Any thoughts about how to enhance conversation?

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
th-26.jpeg

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Time to close this thread. I have been told by Elio management that there will not be a P5 -- except one that will not be shown, purely to be used for taking manufacturing and tooling measurements.

So the die is pretty well cast -- which is good news. Time for Elio to get ready to make the product. They know what it's going to be!

Top Bottom