• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because then the shifter or stick would be on the traffic side, or LEFT HAND side of the vehicle...can you imagine shifting left handed?

Don't tell me you guys are so young as not to remember the steering column shifter? :D
columnshift.jpg
mounted shifters?

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have heard everything from +200.00 - +1000.00 for the automatic Elio.
Now All I have seen in print is that there would be two types of Elio, one with a manual transmission and one with a automatic transmission. The price tag being 6800.00.
do you have your choice?
Some 4 wheelers charge extra for a manual trans.
MK

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have heard everything from +200.00 - +1000.00 for the automatic Elio.
Now All I have seen in print is that there would be two types of Elio, one with a manual transmission and one with a automatic transmission. The price tag being 6800.00.
do you have your choice?
Some 4 wheelers charge extra for a manual trans.
MK
I'm torn... I've been driving a 5-speed manual for the past 12 years, but the thought of not having a worn out clutch leg after slogging through traffic is sure appealing. But the cheap side of me (er.. the economical side) doesn't really want to kick in the extra coin for an auto... Maybe if I upgrade to $1000 All In, I'll think of that as a $500 credit towards the purchase of an AT....

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Patience will determine many things. Right now most things are pure speculation.
Very well said!! and I applaud that greatly. Unfortunately, speculation also breeds misinformation sometimes...hmm pick a media "event" that has gone sour in the past ten years and you know what I mean.
With this vehicle, speculation and rumor control must be kept to a minimum as well, that can kill a project too!
I know first hand at work, myself and another co-worker have done our best after seeing the P3 to educate and inform prospective buyers so they can make an informed decision to purchase or at least make an effort to find out more and possibly go see this wonderful new vehicle. Still, you end up with the, either nay sayers (Elio envy), or the people that don't listen to all the info. and spread the wrong information and data, (Elioidiots) so it's a fun thing to dream etc. but I hope it doesn't get out of hand to the point where, as in the forum now, there are several of the same posts about add ons, modifications, wish lists etc.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Another thing I've been thinking about is the interior noise and conversation. I'm not expecting the Elio to be any quieter than an inexpensive car, which would make conversation not easy. Is there any way that conversation could be enhanced--perhaps like a microphone in the front and speakers in the rear, or something like that? We envision using the Elio quite a bit. When we return from Hungary, we will not have much money, and we will have to buy a car, so the Elio might be our only car for a while. Any thoughts about how to enhance conversation?
Both parties have phones, call each other, and wear bluetooth earpieces :p

Top Bottom