• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Parts List And Exploded Views

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, Jaybird.

We are more than a year from the start of production, and it's a given that many things will change and many questions will be answered in the intervening time. Nobody, not even Elio, can answers those questions honestly at this point.

If I had to guess, I will guess that the 90% number will be much lower by the time they get to production. It will still likely be higher than industry average. I would also guess there will be a service manual and parts list both available for purchase at additional cost. No serious vehicle has been sold without those available. My final guess would be that since Pep Boys allows customers to order parts online now for in-store pickup or delivery that they will provide the same service for Elio parts. Availability will no-doubt be dictated by sales volume.

CaptainMorgan

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I was wondering if Elio Motors will provide a parts list or blowup pictures on a CD so we can order parts. I think they said 90% come off the shelves. Will Pep Boys carry these parts and have them available for order? Anybody have any idea.

I'm hoping that too. I'm not a great mechanic, but I do enjoy working on my vehicles. It seems to me that the Elio's design lends itself to "do it yourself" repairs/maintenance - especially if parts are readily available (at Pep Boys). I'm eager to see if this forum will become of resource of "how-to's" and advice from other Elio owners on issues like maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's my take:
I'm hoping since the entire vehicle is "modeled" in a CAD program (think the engine animation), that they have a DVD with all of the engine/tranny maintenance, body panel removal, etc..., in an animated format in a step-by-step sequence. Every single part of the car (screws, clips, seals, spark plugs, etc..) is in the CAD model, so all it would take is for someone at Elio to spend a couple of weeks creating the animations...not that hard to do really. Then you just burn copies of the DVD and stick them in the glove box (arm rest console). If you have a stereo in the Elio that's capable of playing DVD's, even better! Well, that's how we've been doing it on airplanes for some years now.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering if Elio Motors will provide a parts list or blowup pictures on a CD so we can order parts. I think they said 90% come off the shelves. Will Pep Boys carry these parts and have them available for order? Anybody have any idea.
Welcome from New Mexico. There is so much to learn about the Elio and the forum is very useful for that. Enjoy the journey and the Elio experience.

Jaybird

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm from near Lubbock, Texas. I really should not get on this forum as I want it even more. The people keep me pumped about the Elio. I get flack from wife, and friends. Saying I'm glad your the guinea pig for us. I'm all in $1000. Wish it was here now, but it is what it is.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm from near Lubbock, Texas. I really should not get on this forum as I want it even more. The people keep me pumped about the Elio. I get flack from wife, and friends. Saying I'm glad your the guinea pig for us. I'm all in $1000. Wish it was here now, but it is what it is.
Jaybird, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your reservation. Glad you found the forum because it will provide you with information to convince the others that you were a true visionary . Look forward to your opinions and comments.

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's my take:
I'm hoping since the entire vehicle is "modeled" in a CAD program (think the engine animation), that they have a DVD with all of the engine/tranny maintenance, body panel removal, etc..., in an animated format in a step-by-step sequence. Every single part of the car (screws, clips, seals, spark plugs, etc..) is in the CAD model, so all it would take is for someone at Elio to spend a couple of weeks creating the animations...not that hard to do really. Then you just burn copies of the DVD and stick them in the glove box (arm rest console). If you have a stereo in the Elio that's capable of playing DVD's, even better! Well, that's how we've been doing it on airplanes for some years now.

I like your idea,

but wouldn't it not be cheaper for Elio Motors to just put all the information on a flash drive, and give it to you, with the title to your " NEW ELIO " Autocycle... You could then have all that information placed on your PC, laptop, tablet, phone...or some other strange mobile device...

If Elio Motors does any planning, and I believe they do.. they will have all the information on DVD, Book, flash drive, or just a website with all that information on it for all of us to see... They have been up front with everything else,

I would like that information for myself also, it would be very handy to have for all the " off the shelf parts " that goes in a Elio...

They just have to finish the Production model with the new engine, and the improved body design, plus pick all the final parts that are going into the Elio and then getting all of those parts shipped to the plant from the suppliers...

Just how many parts do they need to have in stock, just to start up?? With just the Elio's one wind shield, you would need to have over 1,250 on hand just for the first week of start up, and down the line... you would need 250,000 of them, just for that one part a year, so storage for all that glass and all the other extra parts needed...plus all the supply lines to keep the production lines going... huge!! Costs a lot of money if you had to shut down a line, for not having all the parts on hand..

I worked at the US Post Office for 30 years, doing almost every job in the Post Office production plants, not walking the streets, like what everyone thinks a Postman does, But moving the mail, making sure it goes where it should ...so I know a little about Production lines and Supply lines, Trucking lines... etc...

So many ways for things to go wrong... at every stage of the line... I DO believe the Elio Motors are going to make it...

Just got to hang in there!!

Proud to Be.. an Elio owner..#2225 see ya on the road... " gave me a wave "

bigdean

Elio Fan
Reaction score
[
All those possible snags and production delays show just how brilliant the folks at Elio are. With all the reservations, they will have the first year to work through solutions. That way the second year should be as foolproof as possible.

Top Bottom