• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio At St Francis University

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry Rickb, but your logic escapes me on start-up companies criteria. How many "start-up companies" are "far enough along" to have a product to sell? ZERO...They're start-up companies by definition, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to attract investor funding. All they (Elio) need is an idea for a product that is marketable...that they have. A tangible prototype to give possible buyers, and/or investors something touch, sit in, and drive [if you're one of the lucky ones]. Proof that there is great interest in their product...got that too. They have a literal "who's who" of automotive component suppliers interested in doing business with them, a factory, complete with every piece of equipment to build it, in a town, Shreveport, loaded with former UAW workers chompin' at the bit to build something. All the design modeling done, and crash simulations to project/predict survivability, and computer data to back it up. A functional prototype engine that's in the middle of testing, and a BoD of well known people. What else do you want?

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. If I was an 'accredited investor' (fit the criteria until 2008 did a number on my savings plan :(), they'd have my 15k right now.
I respect that. What else do I want? EM as a start up company with a 2016 production schedule should have one production prototype built or in the process of being built that would make that date seem more credible to an investor with deep pockets. The history of delays is not in EM's best interest when it comes to private funding.

I consider a $15K investment today as providing EM venture capital with fairly high risk. I am pleasantly surprised EM has gotten this close to production as a follower since 2008. What else do I want? My Elio please.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I respect that. What else do I want? EM as a start up company with a 2016 production schedule should have one production prototype built or in the process of being built that would make that date seem more credible to an investor with deep pockets. The history of delays is not in EM's best interest when it comes to private funding.

I consider a $15K investment today as providing EM venture capital with fairly high risk. I am pleasantly surprised EM has gotten this close to production as a follower since 2008. What else do I want? My Elio please.

The fact that we want our Elios is what brings us together as a group. No matter how we feel about the current status of the project or why we want one of these vehicles our mutual interest in this interesting project is what has drawn us to this forum.

EM has indeed done very well at getting this far and not simply fading away when issues are encountered as is common with business start-ups. This is especially true after EM failed in their first big attempt in Pontiac, MI before they rebooted the entire project with a redesigned vehicle and new location in Shreveport. The EM team has repeatedly shown the ability to adapt to issues encountered along the way while pushing the overall project forward and I hope they are able to continue doing what it takes to bring this project to a successful conclusion.

Investing in a start-up is inherently high risk. Even with all the due diligence performed 75% of venture capitalist funded start-ups fail with VC's losing money on the deal:

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sure, IF they make it to Production..... I'll probably get an Elio BEFORE you, and not 'lose' $1,000. If I don't like it, I can sell it; and probably make money. WIN, WIN; ...... but I won't give them another dollar, because I don't TRUST them, and don't appreciate their 'deceptive' advertising, "Transparency", and their BLOCKING of 'paying customers', instead of answering valid questions.

we made our reservation in the hope that there will be 50,000 or hopefully many more built ahead of ours .... since having #1 isn't an option, we have no interest in a low production number .... by the time ours is built we hope any bugs will be worked out of the assembly process (hopefully there won't be any that need to be resolved) and we will have heard real world use reports about the options we are considering .... why a person who doesn't trust any business before the sale would want to purchase a product from that company is beyond me .... if your tiresome angry tirades spouting the same opinions posted here are an example of your approach to trying to get info from EM, it is no wonder you were blocked .... as you have repeatedly been informed, raising such issues here can achieve little to nothing because none of our folks work for EM .... Oh, I for got you have no interest in getting answers, you stated interest is to prevent others from dealing with EM ....

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NOPE, not 'whining' for personal reasons, or 'stressed'..... just trying to EDUCATE new potential customers of Elio Motors past 'record' and deceptive advertising..... BEFORE they get to the 'Sign me UP' page (and finally [for the FIRST and ONLY time] get a chance to read EMI's 'fine print').

I know there is a lot of back and forth, but I ask this in all sincerity. While I disagree with you on about everything (lies, deceit, scam, etc), we do have a common issue. We both have money invested in getting an Elio. How do you think badmouthing and warning future buyers (with personal opinions and not facts) is helping the cause? I mean, I try hard to help out as much as possible to help get this off the ground in hopes that it will become a reality rather than trying to destroy any hope. While I understand how you feel, I don't understand your plight to destroy something you are "invested" in.

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's more than 'trying to educate' PF. Your harassing.
LillyMay, if you consider my statements of Elio Motors' past 'accomplishments' and statements as "harassing" (because you already know it, or choose to ignore it), you can easily 'block' my posts. I am trying to 'educate' the NEW people, enamored by the 'Dream'; so that can make an informed decision to invest their money NOW, or wait until production. They should know that back in Sep 2013, Elio Motors said; "25 prototypes are under construction in Detroit as the company enters into the product testing phase." And they were NOT, and still aren't! There have been numerous delays to the 'self-imposed' dates for Production to begin (Jun/Jul 2014; 1st Qtr 2015; 3rd Qtr 2015, 1/2 2016). And Elio Motor's "Transparency", where they recently stated that the Engine Media Event was delayed by a 'major stakeholder's inability to attend'....... then Paul Elio states it was really because the Dyno was busy on 'another project'. Last fall when they stated; "we are no longer seeking investors", they in fact had an open SEC Form D filing for $30 million..... SEEKING INVESTORS. They should realize that Elio Motor's "Gets 84mpg" has never been PROVEN, that Elio Motors' "$6,800" is not currently achievable (according to Paul Elio), and that Elio Motors has not 'committed' to actually BUILDING any vehicle; "we are under no obligation to supply you with a vehicle".....PRIOR to making their decision.
p.s. LillyMay; FYI it is "you are" or "you're" harassing, just a little "trying to educate".

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure, IF they make it to Production..... I'll probably get an Elio BEFORE you, and not 'lose' $1,000. If I don't like it, I can sell it; and probably make money. WIN, WIN; ...... but I won't give them another dollar, because I don't TRUST them, and don't appreciate their 'deceptive' advertising, "Transparency", and their BLOCKING of 'paying customers', instead of answering valid questions.

Can you imagine the whining, moaning, and gnashing of teeth we will have to endure when PF gets his Elio?
First he says he won't give them another dollar.
Does he mean that he doesn't plan to pay Elio the remaining amount that he will owe if he takes delivery?
Second, where does he find a commitment or obligation on Elio's part to answer all of his questions in a transparent manner?
Maybe he should ask for transparency from Lois Learner or Hilliary Clinton with regards to e-mail and see how well he does.
(Not political. I once had to respond to a discovery request on over 3 years of e-mail.)
Can you imagine the whining we will endure if the fit and finish doesn't match that of a Bugatti Veyron?
(After all, Paul once mentioned the Bugatti Veyron in a press conference.)

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find YOUR harassing rather annoying. Is that grammatically correct enough for you?

(Taking a page from Kuda here, see rule 3):

c13e54045ea9666b8f742c30ee7198e7.jpg

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.... Second, where does he find a commitment or obligation on Elio's part to answer all of his questions in a transparent manner?....
Just from Paul Elio's own words; "The people who have made reservations, or even just the ones who come to events with enthusiasm have altered my world view. Nothing is more important than supporters like you. With that in mind, since our inception we have adopted transparency as one of our core values. Keeping our customers up to date in a timely manner on our progress is incredibly important to our mission." Does that mean, no announcements or no answers.... equals 'no progress'?

Top Bottom