• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio At St Francis University

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not really. If EM had any positive news to share on this there would not be a delay in letting us know and if there were bad news this would not be the way they would let it out.
I would have liked to hear Paul have the chance to say something about the process, or the progress, of the application. No question = no information. I would not expect him to say "yep we've got it," or "oh, sh*T, I just got the bad news ..." But HOW he handles that particular question is something I'd like to have seen.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes. PR baloney -- but what's EM going to do, bad mouth a critical supplier?
They didn't have to badmouth anyone/thing He only had to say-"due to recent conditions/events beyond our control it is necessary, at this time, to postpone the demonstration, a new date will shortly be forthcoming."

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They didn't have to badmouth anyone/thing He only had to say-"due to recent conditions/events beyond our control it is necessary, at this time, to postpone the demonstration, a new date will shortly be forthcoming."

that's pretty much the message they put out .... for those who tend to believe EM is honest, most any statement they make would be accepted .... for those who tend to believe EM isn't honest, no statement they make would be accepted ....

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a thousand times easier to armchair quarterback after the fact than it is to actually play in the game. I doubt the way the engine news worked out was what EM wanted, and I doubt EM would disagree that their PR around the engine news could have been handled better, however it is very easy to say that now as we know exactly how things worked out. It is much harder to make a desired result happen in the real world and in fact things rarely work out exactly as we plan them. :)

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The next is what they wrote about the delay..............

In the inbox tonight.....

February 4, 2015

Dear Randall,

We wanted to give you advance notification, prior to the media being advised, that we are rescheduling the date for the official engine unveiling originally scheduled for Feb. 6 due to several key stakeholders having immovable scheduling conflicts. We are currently working with the key partners and the facility to quickly confirm a new date and will advise you accordingly.

Thank you for your support.

Now you appear to be complaining that they didn't say it the way you would have said it.

They said it was because of "key stakeholders".
That matches up pretty well with a dyno cell being unavailable.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I watched the whole thing was interesting. The most interesting is the 30 mill they are seeking currently is for the 25 pre production cars and 31 engines. Seems to me if they don't get these funds soon they wont be able to meet mid 2016 production. Seeing as it just only 15 months or so away. Hopefully they will get these monies soon.

I also found it interesting that Paul got dropped by his wife for being unemployed. So much for that richer or poor vow. I know a few guys who got the heave ho around that time too. Just goes to show what value you are to women.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a thousand times easier to armchair quarterback after the fact than it is to actually play in the game. I doubt the way the engine news worked out was what EM wanted, and I doubt EM would disagree that their PR around the engine news could have been handled better, however it is very easy to say that now as we know exactly how things worked out. It is much harder to make a desired result happen in the real world and in fact things rarely work out exactly as we plan them. :)
DAMN! You mean I won't win the lottery just because I play every day?:mad::(:D

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also found it interesting that Paul got dropped by his wife for being unemployed. So much for that richer or poor vow. I know a few guys who got the heave ho around that time too. Just goes to show what value you are to women.
You've assumed that because the two events -- losing his company and getting divorced -- occurred at the same time that one caused the other. Maybe, maybe not. Odds are that losing the company was the last event in a disintegrating relationship. None of our business, really, except it must have greatly increased the pressure on Paul to DO SOMETHING.

Top Bottom