• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio To Update Plans For Autocycle Company Friday, May 11, 2018

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's good to see Elio will be in production next year. I watched the conference and it's 76 weeks plus a few and the Elio will be rolling off the line. What I like is that STO's are real and billions were raised in 2017, so 2018 will be at least 10X that because of the growth in that market.
Why in the world is everyone talking like EM having the $376M in in a few short weeks is a done deal...
When EM can't even explain how they're going to raise that money? Just curious.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only hang up is that all suppliers are swamped with work. They need a few weeks to dust off the project. He never said anything that had to do with funding delaying the project. Sounds like Jones financial fixed the financing issue and now it’s full steam ahead. This was not like typical Elio where everything was based on future funding. This one was spot on and right to the point. Funding done and 76 weeks plus a few. Unless you heard something else, it’s a done deal to me.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only hang up is that all suppliers are swamped with work. They need a few weeks to dust off the project. He never said anything that had to do with funding delaying the project. Sounds like Jones financial fixed the financing issue and now it’s full steam ahead. This was not like typical Elio where everything was based on future funding. This one was spot on and right to the point. Funding done and 76 weeks plus a few. Unless you heard something else, it’s a done deal to me.
Apparently I did. Time will tell.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apparently I did. Time will tell.
My skepticism is in line with Elio Amazed... Elio's Regulation A+ IPO stock offering was considered a success on many accounts, despite the fact that they raised roughly $17 million, less fees and commissions, while anticipating a cash infusion of $25 million. I don't see this as any different.

Rank-and-file optimism might be high after Paul's public appearance in Caddo Parish following a week of publicity in Midvale, Utah at Overstock's annual shareholder meeting. And sure, Jones Trading may be able to push this Securitized Token Offering (STO) through just as StartEngine managed to get ELIO shares listed on the OTCQX. That's all fine and good and briefly worth celebrating.

But at the end of the day, the 76-week timeline "plus a few weeks" to dust off the cobwebs in the supply chain does not commence and start ticking until Elio brings in no less than like $86 million in new capital to spend. Refer to the last SEC report for the exact dollar figure. But only then will the 76-week clock "plus a few weeks" begin ticking down. The measly $2.5 million investment from Patrick Byrne at Overstock is only a drop in the bucket.

It sounds as though every private placement offering Paul Elio may have potentially had lined up over the past 18-24 months slipped through his fingers for one reason or another, and this first-of-its-kind STO proposition is where all of the Elio chips lie in amassing the necessary funding.

I want this project to succeed as much as the next faithful Elio supoorter, but a dose of healthy skepticism might be warranted here.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The stock investors did not think much of his speech. Shares down slightly on light trading.
To be honest, I am a little disappointed too. Sticking to the old 76 week plan that was made when ATVM was still thought to be in play?
I would like to see a new plan, a faster to production plan. A we can start without full funding plan.
If they need to make the 1st 100 with composite bodies, and old geo engines, whatever, Git R Done.
Starting something to show Shreveport, and the world actions have started, would be a positive step in my opinion.
"Actions speak louder than screams."

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To be honest, I am a little disappointed too. Sticking to the old 76 week plan that was made when ATVM was still thought to be in play?
I would like to see a new plan, a faster to production plan. A we can start without full funding plan.
If they need to make the 1st 100 with composite bodies, and old geo engines, whatever, Git R Done.
Starting something to show Shreveport, and the world actions have started, would be a positive step in my opinion.
"Actions speak louder than screams."
They could make the first hundred gliders, and showcase what powertrain these people put in them.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The stock investors did not think much of his speech. Shares down slightly on light trading.

Stocks are often short term. The 76 week thing will push most people who speculate with a diverse portfolio reason to wait. In a few months they may start trading. That said as one who might gamble now would probably be a good time to get a few shares and squirrel away.

Top Bottom