• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Has Signed Over The Name"elio Motors" To Racers Trust As Collateral For Unpaid Debts...

ozarkbugg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I bought in a few years ago. I haven't followed this forum much. I do read the weekly link the company emails every week.
Just a few thoughts.
Raising a $100 million should not be too tough, for a product that is showing good demand ( 65k reservations)
A lot of the big money is not in the stock market right now, as the markets are very expensive. There is a lot of money sitting on the sidelines, looking for a new home, even though the markets are hitting record highs.
If the investment bankers who are trying to raise the $100 mil were seeing little interest in Elio, they would be actively selling the Elio stock short, collapsing the price. It would be 10c a share instead of $6. Once production starts rolling, the company stands to gross over $500 million with the 65000 cars presold. That's a good jump start. How many start up companies start up with no sales lined up, and soon fold , because the sales did not come in? Selling a product that will save people money, will always be in demand.
I do feel this car will be produced, but maybe Paul will have to give up a fair amount of control, which may be a good thing.
How old is Paul? If he is getting up there, He may not be the best guy in the number one position?
Thanks for letting me throw in my 2c worth.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Ozarkbugg. I enjoy all the comments on the forums...both good and bad. To me the 65,000 reservations is the biggest selling point to investors. Most companies have a good idea or a prototype with only projected demand. Biotech companies have 0 sales for years and years until they hopefully produce a drug that someone wants to buy. Elio already has buyers lined up! When I sat in the Elio in 2014 it was everything I wanted in a commuter car. It looked good and the cockpit feel was awesome. I was ready to buy that day. There is a massive reason the car hasn't been produced and no one really knows what it is. My theory is they were counting on the ATVM loan to come through and it didn't. I've seen other theories too... the car can't get 84 mpg. Or they can't make the profit they claim. No one really knows. I do think Paul overpromised and under delivered. From day one he should have said we're targeting 60 mpg and a price less than $10,000.00. Then you come back with 75mpg and a price of $8,000.00 and everyone is excited.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From what I can tell, the name Elio and everything having that name is up for collateral to Racers Trust, not the company. The company would continue to exist but it would have to be under a new name.

Has Paul Elio tried to make it his own personal company too much and driven away investors? If I have millions to invest, I would not like risking my money for the sake of someone else's ego. I would not want to risk millions on a company with someone else's name and the vehicle also bears his name, while the guy with the name (PE) is risking none of his money (PE has none). PE would loose no money, the investor would loose the money. The investor takes all the risk and PE gets all the glory. This is very lop sided and I can understand no one being interested. I suspect the company is structured so PE also has all the control as well as all the glory.

Is Racer's Trust trying to take the name away believing other people may be more incline to invest if the company has a more neutral name? Would power be distributed proportionally according to investment money, or would it be according to shares and it is structures so PE is always going to have the majority shares no matter how much others invest?

Top Bottom