• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pet Peeves

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Goof, we have one of those DDIs over in Springfield, Missouri, and you would be surprised how fast it moves traffic through. You just have to really pay attention to where to go!

Just like with a roundabout the problem is not necessarily with the design as the designs have been proven to be efficient when properly used. The problem is the reliance on people needing to pay extra attention to navigate these intersections when people barely pay any attention at all as it is. :eek:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Couldn't hear my own horn over their sub-woofer.:confused:....which is also another pet peeve of mine.

might I suggest addition of air horns as we have on our Sportchassis .... no issues with being heard, that is specially true when the person you which to notify is directly in front of them .. :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just like with a roundabout the problem is not necessarily with the design as the designs have been proven to be efficient when properly used. The problem is the reliance on people needing to pay extra attention to navigate these intersections when people barely pay any attention at all as it is. :eek:
Our City Council approved one for the Main Street project. I've lived in Europe for eight years and am very familiar with effective roundabouts. This one is too small and limits vehicle size. I don't know if that was the intent of the "Smart Growth" crowd that designs all the business unfriendly plans here in the city.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
They just put 2 in my neighborhood and are constructing a third. Already had one flipped car from a person who went straight, right wheels on road left wheels took the curb like a ramp.

It also goes from 45 mph into the neighborhood from both ends, down to 20 for the roundabout, 35mph between each of the 3 roundabouts, and to top it off this is on a busy 4 lane highway, but only the 2 inner lanes can continue on the road, the outer lanes do turns into the neighborhood itself.

samwichse

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like roundabouts... they put them everywhere a 4-way stop would've been here (or replace 4-way stops with them). Sure you have to slow way down, but it sure beats having to stop completely... keeps you out of the wasteful gears (1st and 2nd).

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Couldn't hear my own horn over their sub-woofer.:confused:....which is also another pet peeve of mine.
:rolleyes:
imagesGZQ6CQ4W.jpg

Top Bottom