• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Place In Line Question

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But then I would miss out on the 50% bonus. At that point I would likely be better off just buying one at the local store store if/when they are in production.

Aka the risk is no longer compensated by the bonus.
Basically, you want to have your cake and eat it too. You know what the situation is regarding Elio policy, you know what your HOA rules are, and you know which level of reservation gets a spot in line and which does not.

At this point further discussion doesn't accomplish much. You have to decide what you have to do and then just do it. We all hope, of course, that you will ante up a thousand bucks and take your spot in line along with the discounts that go with it. But I don't think there is much more we can tell you about this particular situation than you now know. Good luck!

Last edited:

ArcherBullseye

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Not sure what's your gig, and how it is you ain't getting this they don't want anything you have.
don't be scared, find a new interest that you'll feel comfortable with and pursue it. I'm sure you have a lot to offer somewhere

I was wrong. They don't want my money.. and your money.. they NEED it... NEED.
Do you think Paul Elio wanted to give out a piece of his company to you, just for your benefit?

Anyway, still waiting for a reply from Elio, may call them today if I have time. Then I will post the answer here for others that may want to be smart about their money. Then I will exit the forums.. I don't want to cause a disturbance in the overzealous.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you think Paul Elio wanted to give out a piece of his company to you, just for your benefit?

Anyway, still waiting for a reply from Elio, may call them today if I have time. Then I will post the answer here for others that may want to be smart about their money. Then I will exit the forums.. I don't want to cause a disturbance in the overzealous.

Hmmmm....Not sure what was up with the other replies, or why they're getting their dander up over your question. Some people...:rolleyes:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hi. I remember Elio saying that you could defer your production if you needed to wait before taking delivery. Don't stress. And, welcome to the forum (from another Georgian albeit one displaced by the Air Force for some time)! I grew up in Locust Grove (7 miles from Atlanta International Raceway) and just about 20 miles South of I-285/I-75 interchange.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Thanks for both the replies.

A SIL (all in) is a 50% match as a current incentive. (I have not yet made a reservation)

I would like to leverage that, but have more flexibility as to when I get the Elio. Unfortunately my HOA has a strict rule against having 3 cars.. and I need to keep 2 cars for work reasons (one on a lease). So I really cant just get a 3rd car willy nilly between 0 and 6 months, if that makes sense.

But when my lease is up on my Leaf I would love to have an Elio in line to replace it.

Hi Archer,

From my memory, I've read somewhere that Elio Motors would contact you when it's time for you to make decisions about options. If you wanted to defer, EM would have to follow the fine print contained in the reservation contract.

The easy thing for you to do... make a decision to either:
  1. move away from your HOA
  2. don't reserve an Elio
  3. do a refundable reservation, educate yourself on the fine print, and talk to Elio Motors about your desire to have an optional deferment

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thanks

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I may have legal standing on this, the rule makes sense due to limited street parking and room under my carport. (Yay big cities) It would be a disservice to my neighbors to take up a spot that's there for guests.

Thanks though!
You can store it at my house! Just leave the keys with me.

Top Bottom