• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Polaris Slingshot

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope, this one is built for fun, not commuting! The interior is completely waterproof, you can drive it in the rain and not get so nervous like when on two wheels. It is a rubber burning rear wheel drive, set nice and low so there is no question about the danger of tipping over. No more so than with a regular 4 wheeler. Like the CanAm, it's made to enjoy the outdoors. You can take it to work, just not year round or in inclement weather. If money were no issue I would serously be considering this one! But for $22-25K I think I will just watch it on You Tube!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We should note, according to Wikipedia, this Elise chassis is also used on the Opel Eco Speedster and VX220 version. The Eco claims to get 113mpg, not bad! Do I believe that? Yes, I've worked on 110mpg cars, and they were very similar to the Opel Eco.

Opel Eco Speedster
32174034-1.jpg

Lotus Elise
2008_SaffronYellow_Elise_California_Edition.jpg

VX220
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu7VxQxL7t7_iGQZ6aFrEtNqSyud7PYywxeTJvXbnfJT_B1YiW.jpg

Attachments

• 32174034-1.jpg
    32174034-1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 204
  • 2008_SaffronYellow_Elise_California_Edition.jpg
    2008_SaffronYellow_Elise_California_Edition.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 182

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
awesome !!!

the more companies that stretch the limits making three wheeled vehicles "acceptable" are good for Paul Elio. help him to raise more capital and get production started.
for a single guy, something like the Sligshot for FUN, and the Elio to take the dog to the beach ..or maybe get groceries ..

so how do I attach my 14' Stand Up Paddleboard on the roof of the Elio ??

will 15 dogs fit in the back seat ???

IMG_4740.JPG

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I MADE SOME CALLS TODAY INQUIRING ABOUT THE POLARIS SLINGSHOT. I WAS TOLD THEY CANNOT BE SOLD BY A MOTORCYCLE DEALER IN FLORIDA UNTIL THEY SUCCESSFULLY GET THEIR AUTOMOBILE LICENSE CERTIFICATE ?

HAS ANYONE HEARD A SIMILAR COMMENT ABOUT THE PAUL ELIO MOBILE ??

did the plug get pulled ?

did that silly "exemption" get revoked ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EZ, the Elio is not a Polaris Slingshot.

Who were you calling? Dealers? In my experience they often don't know what they are talking about. Combine that with the possibility you may not know what you are talking about and we have the blind leading the blind.

Wait until tomorrow, then call the people who do know what they are talking about:
Polaris: 1-888-704-5290 Available 7:00 a.m. -7:00 p.m. CT Monday-Friday.
Florida DHSMV: 1-850-617-2000 Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5:45 p.m. (EST)

And recognize that neither will be able to give you any answers about the Elio. They've probably never heard of it.

P.S. why do you make your posts all bold? It's like shouting.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i make it bold so i can see it

my laptop is old, screen sucks,

i use a Samsung NOTE 3 biggest phone I could find (before the i6)

did not mean to scream my apology

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
re: Slingshot

I just heard about that beast last week, where have I been ! Only heard about Elio two months ago !

funny the different perspectives

Sligshot guys are all about burning out the rear tire

more HP

special wheels/tires made JUST so you can melt them off

no kidding !

but there ARE guys on the Sligshot Forum who also have a deposit on an Elio

I realize the Elio is all about transportation at a reasonable cost !

For me it is as SIMPLE as I can get, be fully enclosed with a/c.

IF (when) I get my PaulElioMobile, I will sell the Honda Element and use the Elio to go to Saint Thomas once a month shopping. MAYBE TWICE !

THE FERRY IS $20.00 ROUND TRIP FOR A "MOTORCYCLE", $50.00 FOR A CAR !

I only take the car if I have someone to share the ferry ticket, otherwise the bike with trailer

I live on my SS fixed income, and that little bugger will SIGNIFICANTLY help me for shopping. food here on Island is 3X what it costs on St Thomas ! a SMALL BBQ Chix is $12.95 !!!

so the Slingshot affectionados are talking turbo charging, more HP !!

at $20,000.00 it is all about burning out the rear tire !

not MY cup of tea (burning out rear wheel) , but I look at all three wheelers are good for one another, the more there are out there the easier it is to register them, resell them, companies to raise Capital to build them !

Top Bottom