• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Polaris Slingshot

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree with your Elio statement. The Elio is for everyone....every family.......as an and commuter. The somewhat radically styled, open air Slingshot isn't for most, but apparently enough to justify mass production numbers as a three wheeler motorcycle.
Absolutes like "everyone" are easy to disprove. All you need is one exception. I know of those who will not drive anything other than a pickup under any circumstances, so I know of exceptions. The Slingshot is an open air vehicle which eliminates MOST simply by it's class. It's great for some. But nowhere near the numbers of those who would not drive it. But really, seeing a Slingshot is still a novelty, which by definition makes it rare.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree with your Elio statement. The Elio is for everyone....every family.......as an and commuter. The somewhat radically styled, open air Slingshot isn't for most, but apparently enough to justify mass production numbers as a three wheeler motorcycle.
Out here, not sure of other states and countries, they don't seem to be selling well. The dealers have many new 2015 sitting,and will again when the 2016 is replaced with the 2017.
Looking into it (as perhaps a fall-back position), it also seems the factory sets the price, and there's no negotiating- as Saturns (woman loved the no haggle), as too will be the Elio.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't see them being widely successful in 4 weather states where ridership is hampered by months of cold, ice, rain etc.

Unless your that 1% that bundles up and goes anyway because you can. I think a Polaris on an ice sheet could be fun :p

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see them being widely successful in 4 weather states where ridership is hampered by months of cold, ice, rain etc.

Unless your that 1% that bundles up and goes anyway because you can. I think a Polaris on an ice sheet could be fun :p
Yeah, kind of like ice boating. You just point it in the direction you hope it will go.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Absolutes like "everyone" are easy to disprove. All you need is one exception. I know of those who will not drive anything other than a pickup under any circumstances, so I know of exceptions. The Slingshot is an open air vehicle which eliminates MOST simply by it's class. It's great for some. But nowhere near the numbers of those who would not drive it. But really, seeing a Slingshot is still a novelty, which by definition makes it rare.
I thought it was a good marketing slogan not an absolute.

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A couple Saturdays ago i spent some time crawling in/over/through/under a Slingshot while a friend was looking at motorcycles. I've been riding motorcycles since 1977 and I just don't get the Slingshot. The exterior plastics consist of many, many angularly shaped pieces that don't fit together particularly well. The object that looks like a front bumper (in front of both front wheels) is mostly plastic and supported by little more than a tent pole. I just don't see it being able to take a hit without extensive and expensive damage.

Like I said, I just don't get the appeal.

Top Bottom