• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Polaris Slingshot

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know it !!!

Saving some $$$ so I can be Coss'd :D

I ordered a thingy that plugs into the OBDII port and I am going to glue it right over the right breast of the Elgin and get all my data from it. With a 20% off coupon it cost $129 or so with free shipping. I am going to use it on my Subaru to keep it alive until 6109 is in the driveway and when the Cruze throws a code I may take it out of the Elio and use it to diagnose the latest check engine message.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a thingy that plugs into the OBDII port and I am going to glue it right over the right breast of the Elgin and get all my data from it. With a 20% off coupon it cost $129 or so with free shipping. I am going to use it on my Subaru to keep it alive until 6109 is in the driveway and when the Cruze throws a code I may take it out of the Elio and use it to diagnose the latest check engine message.
Link Please!

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Link Please!

Kuda, Its a Scan Gauge OBDII Scanner and I got it from Auto Anything. If you agree to get emails from them they will give you 20% off an order over $99. You can get 12 different readouts 4 at a time. I will have voltage, coolant temp and MPG up all the time and probably play around a little until I decide on my 4th choice. Although I did not do my usual careful search for best product/price because I can use it now on my present cars, I think that this is a pretty good deal. After I have some experience with it I will get back to you with an update.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you have a smartphone, you can do it a LOT cheaper:
$10-20 OBDII bluetooth adapter (You can get them as cheap as $5, if you want to play it risky. I spent $20 for mine.)
$5 Torque app for your smartphone or tablet
$5-10 for a phone mount

You could easily do it for $25 if you already have the phone. Plus Torque is fully configurable, and programmable. Highly graphical, and can create charts, graphs, histograms, gages, dials, numerical readouts, etc., as well as make trip recordings. There are quite a few themes you can download and select to match your desired style. Since it's on your phone it's easily portable between vehicles, and you can have different profiles for each vehicle.

I have seen some very nice setups from people using 7-10" tablets mounted in their vehicles. Takes the place of the super-expensive navigation/entertainment systems they put in the expensive cars.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kuda, Its a Scan Gauge OBDII Scanner and I got it from Auto Anything. If you agree to get emails from them they will give you 20% off an order over $99. You can get 12 different readouts 4 at a time. I will have voltage, coolant temp and MPG up all the time and probably play around a little until I decide on my 4th choice. Although I did not do my usual careful search for best product/price because I can use it now on my present cars, I think that this is a pretty good deal. After I have some experience with it I will get back to you with an update.
Why voltage? Does that really matter any more? Alternators are pretty reliable now and I haven't seen a voltage fluctuation in probably 15 years. That gauge may as well be a sticker in my vehicles. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ty, I was stranded on the side of the road this past spring because I didn't pay attention to my voltage gauge.
The alternator in the 'Stang is a little quirky. Apparently it's weak and once in a great while, it'll go below demand at idle when the lights are on.
It's extremely intermittent, and as long as I watch that gauge in stop-n-go situations when the A/C's on, It's not a problem.

I'll grant you that 99% of people almost never check the gauge. I actually have from time to time.
But apparently not precisely at the right time last spring. I do now no matter what I'm driving.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a scan guage and monitor water temp, voltage, manifold pressure and average MPGs.....monitoring voltage helps to let me know when my battery is starting to fail....my smart is REAL finicky about electrical power !

Top Bottom