• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Poll - Are You Or Have You Ever Been A Motorcycle Rider?

Current, Former, or never been a Motorcycle rider

• Total voters

Thomas L. Buyea

Elio Fan
Reaction score
There had been the logical occasional discussions on here and the Facebook Elio page about the Elio and safety and classification as a motorcycle and maybe a new classification of an auto-cycle.

I'm curious to see how many people are current or former motorcycle riders that are on this forum. I think it is obvious the % would be high for riders vs. non riders, but that is just my assumption. I am a former rider and have an agreement with my wife that I cannot own a motorcycle again until my kids are all grown up, but the Elio is clearly safe enough that she has no problem with me getting one.

I know many have concerns over safety, but I guess that no one that is a current or former motorcycle rider is concerned about the safety of the Elio.

Of course, feel free to expand upon this topic.

Boy am I glad I never got married, Never have to get an OK from somebody else, Try a $1,000,000 life insurance policy it may change her mind ?

Thomas L. Buyea

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have had 15 mopeds, scooters motorcycles but I do not see the Elio as a motorcycle although I am surprised the $18,000 Honda touring bikes do not have air conditioning for city driving and a powered gyroscope so you do not need to put your feet down at red lights.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been riding motorcycles since 1970...as much as I love riding them, I can't stand riding in anything other than perfect weather, and I absolutely hate riding in the cold and the rain. This is the main reason I want an Elio...all the fun of motorcycling no matter what the weather's doing...

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been riding motorcycles since 1970...as much as I love riding them, I can't stand riding in anything other than perfect weather, and I absolutely hate riding in the cold and the rain. This is the main reason I want an Elio...all the fun of motorcycling no matter what the weather's doing...
recently packed it in after 50yrs, between knees, and my final accident (rear ended at a stop light while I was not moving).
If I were to be buried, I'd have my stone-"Sorry I didn't see you",

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I HAVE NEVER HAD A MOTORCYCLE BUT SOME OF MY CARS ARE TITLED AS BIKES .

I LIKE THE AUTOCYCLE DISTINCTION SO NONE OF THIS WILL CHANGE WITH WITH THE ADDITION OF AN ELIO .

DSC_0546.JPG

Top Bottom