• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Poll - Are You Or Have You Ever Been A Motorcycle Rider?

Current, Former, or never been a Motorcycle rider

• Total voters

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2008 FLHTCUSE3.jpg
MY BARCALOUNGER ON WHEELS

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been riding motorcycles since 1970...as much as I love riding them, I can't stand riding in anything other than perfect weather, and I absolutely hate riding in the cold and the rain. This is the main reason I want an Elio...all the fun of motorcycling no matter what the weather's doing...

A sign at the motorcycle shop says you aren't a motorcycle rider unless you ride in the rain.

Haulinace

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I am a current motorcycle rider and see the Elio as the perfect companion vehicle for when it is too hot/cold or wet to comfortably ride as I no longer enjoy it as much in those conditions as I used to. I heard about Elio from another motorcyclist and have found that of all the people I mention it to current or former motorcyclists are most likely to have a positive opinion.
I currently am riding my 14year old Concours to work 140 miles round trip four days a week. I'm looking forward to an Elio for the same reasons as the "goofyone". I'll continue riding my other bike just not ALL the time.
Yes I feel the Elio will be much safer than the bikes but you still are going to feel it when a big truck hits you. My only concern about the Elio's handling is if there will be enough weight on the rear wheel to avoid the rear tire from sliding out.

Haulinace

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Presently licensed in Alaska. Have toured a good part of the Alaska road system and made a trip down the ALCAN Hwy two years ago then back to Alaska this summer on a "AirHead" BMW. Farm Boy has it right, my Elio will be equipped with Driver LEDs for night driving. On my Feb trip (2 wheel Toyota truck) with the LEDs saw Elk, Moose, Deer (White Tail & Mule) and Woods Bison. Not saying that I wouldn't have seen them without the LEDs but they certainly stood out when hit with the Drivers. Also saw a Wolverine that I would not have seen with the Toy head lights!
Have a set of ATV tracks (wheel replacement) in the basement that I need to mount on the Honda Foreman. Looking at the Elio, I can easely imagine a set on the front with a fixed ski - with a skag- replacing the back wheel. There is probably a place on the frame where the bar that keeps the track from flipping over could be attached. Forum member "Outtaget1" has part of this idea in his "Avatar". A thought for future use, down the road or trail!
Cool ,I was thinking of a slight lift,Camo wrap,M/S tires, rear hitch with removable winch, and hitting the woods with one.It would be great for one person to carry camping and hiking gear.
Remember the old Baja Bugs? They ended up being the most versatile vehicle of all times.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My only concern about the Elio's handling is if there will be enough weight on the rear wheel to avoid the rear tire from sliding out.

interesting, I haven't given much thought to the rear wheel sliding to one side or the other .... after seeing a video of Jay Leno driving one of his British 3-wheelers, I have wondered about the rear bouncing down the road (as opposed to rolling) .... according to Jerome (VP who drove the P4 in most of the company's videos, including the one on snow), it handles well, in fact is very solid

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Cool ,I was thinking of a slight lift,Camo wrap,M/S tires, rear hitch with removable winch, and hitting the woods with one.It would be great for one person to carry camping and hiking gear.
Remember the old Baja Bugs? They ended up being the most versatile vehicle of all times.

now that would really be interesting, I'd love to see one rigged up that way .... I suspect it will take more than a slight lift for it to handle off-roading

Top Bottom