• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Poll - Are You Or Have You Ever Been A Motorcycle Rider?

Current, Former, or never been a Motorcycle rider

• Total voters

russell ramsdell

Elio Addict
Reaction score
68920_10151277853852423_1229803780_n.jpg
I ride or did ride my honda cm400a cafe racer, but now its in need of repair -so sad

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
My current ride is a 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Superlow Sportster. I like it, it does what I need it to and allows me to have fun doing it. I am also looking at the new HD Street 750 coming out later this year. It's lighter, has about the same power, is liquid cooled, has a slightly more comfortable seat, sits a bit higher with a little higher ground clearance, is lower priced, has a 6-speed vs my 5-speed, and would still fit the roll I need a motorcycle to fill right now.

PhilGoings

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still ride and enjoy being in the wind as much as ever. I think the Elio would allow me to extend my riding season in Ohio. Mother nature has not been very nice to us this year, we have gotten out a few times this year but the snow was still in the fields. It would be nice to take off in the winter or when it is raining with a bunch of guys just like when the weather is nice. Several guys in my motorcycle club are looking at Elio.
.facebook_-1163602215.jpg

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I used to ride. Then I fell off and haven't been on one since.

Sorry you fell, but that's part of the game. There are 2 types of riders: those that have fallen, and those that have yet to fall but will. Falling off is to be expected and should not make one fear getting back on again. It's like they say with falling off a horse, you have to get back on to prevent that fear from building up. I personally have fallen twice, once on each motorcycle I've owned. I still ride and will continue to do so for as long as I can. I personally feel safer in my own right by being on a motorcycle (I know, sounds backwards). This is due to how I feel I'm in more control and have better overall view of what's around me, plus I can avoid more things than I can in my car. But that's just me.

I say, for your benefit, go to a MSF course and at least get on the bikes in the course to make sure you don't now have a fear of motorcycles w/o realizing it.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I used to ride. Then I feel off and haven't been on one since.

I've fell off a couple of time as well, but I was smart enough to try it again. What do they call that when you do the same thing and expect a different result? Oh yeah, insanity.

ehy4u7ej.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife "encouraged" me to retire after my last injury. Nearly lost my leg but I had a fantastic surgeon who rebuilt the entire ball joint with a bone graft, reset the broken bone and installed a plate with 7 "deck" screws. This was almost 20 years ago and the leg is as good as new. However motorcycles have been banned from this house

Top Bottom