• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Poll ---- Your interest in an electric Elio ?

Are you likely to be in the market for such a vehicle ?

• YES

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • NO

Votes: 46 54.1%

• Total voters

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the factory was pumping them out today, I would certainly consider it. And if they honored the 'Lock-in' price then it would be a no-brainer.

My aging 2013 Nissan Leaf is fully paid for and only costs me about $35/month for my 45 mile daily commute. But it only gets about 75 miles on a full charge, which really cuts into my ability to visit friends or family after-hours.

An electric Elio could get close to double the miles-per-kWh, so my commute would only cost $20/month or less, and I would be able to use it for more than just local trips.

As it stands we plan on replacing my wife's car with an electric F-150 Lightning which will be plenty for all of our family road trip needs, but it's inefficient shape would double my commute costs if I had to switch to it.

So yeah, there could be a place for a $15k Elio, and definitely room in my life for a $7300 Elio.

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IF the electric one ever comes to fruition there is no bloody blue chance in Hades they'll sell them to us for that locked-in price from a few years ago. MAYBE a discount of x dollars or we wait for the gas version. As I mentioned previously, that's the one I'm (still) waiting for.

Ray O

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seem to me that all manufactures are going electric but a high cost if Elio could make an electric Elio at a low cost I would be Ideal for commuters. Especially if you could use a standards outlet. There is a place for electric cars but I don't believe most car will be electric.

Last edited by a moderator:

jevans64

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Well. I've been looking into installing a JuiceBox or similar to charge SOMETHING while I wire up a 125 Amp sub-panel for my A/V gear. My commute is 17 miles so I could go a week on a single charge at $0.11 a KWh. Might be a Tesla Model 2 if it comes in at $20k w/ 250 mile range or the Elio E.

KegerChris

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd prefer the gas version, but if only the electric version comes out... I've got an all-in deposit on it, so it doesn't make sense not to get it... Plus, I've got solar, so electricity is cheap.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think BEX might have an EV out before Elio will. If he has 4 doors using those existing side panels/doors and existing parts, I would much-much prefer that.

Yes, it's planned. 2 doors, not "4 doors". I am using 4 during development, because they are a part of the side body skins, but the plan is only for the front left, and right rear doors to be used at this time.

IF the electric one ever comes to fruition there is no bloody blue chance in Hades they'll sell them to us for that locked-in price from a few years ago. MAYBE a discount of x dollars or we wait for the gas version. As I mentioned previously, that's the one I'm (still) waiting for.

I'd lay bets that they only offer you a discount of the gas car deposit you paid.

So if it comes down to an Electric Elio with 150 mile range

Last week I got one of my original EVs I bought 4 years ago returned to me, now it's my daily car around town. It has 185 mile range (300 kms) and I only use it around the city, but boy is it already annoying needing to charge it every second day or so, just needing to think about it all the time, and I am well setup for charging.

As I said above, I plan to do an EV later, and there's no way I would offer 'only' 150 miles.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My bet is I'll have a Bex in my driveway first ;)

Things and life happen, I am no better than any other car that doesn't exist, until mine exists :-)

I'm not anti-Elio by the way, if they make it to market is a good thing in the early days of a new vehicle concept to the public, it tends to create room for others to enter the market, eg; helps me as I become an alternate choice on the back of Elio's marketing, the very reason I am even here ....

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A vehicle that does this well with fuel economy when gas powered doesn't need to be electric. I would rather have a gas powered Elio, but with a more powerful engine. To me the 55 HP engine will leave a lot to be desired performance wise. There's no reason they couldn't use something like the Toyota 1.5 liter Yaris engine, or the Honda Fit engine. These would be dependable and more powerful choices. Fuel economy would still be incredible, as would be the performance...

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A vehicle that does this well with fuel economy when gas powered doesn't need to be electric. I would rather have a gas powered Elio, but with a more powerful engine. To me the 55 HP engine will leave a lot to be desired performance wise. There's no reason they couldn't use something like the Toyota 1.5 liter Yaris engine, or the Honda Fit engine. These would be dependable and more powerful choices. Fuel economy would still be incredible, as would be the performance...
How about the Koenigsegg 3 cylinder engine that produces 600 horsepower?
;)
Cars Blog.

Koenigsegg-car-engine-B-12-10-1024x640.jpg

Top Bottom