• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Portland, Oregon Elio Event 7/11-7/13/2014

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will be wearing a red shirt and a tan kufi. I'll buy you lunch at Burgerville if you are so inclined! :)
Thank you for that offer. I am bringing a friend with me and she and I have to be very careful what we eat. However if we can eat our own food we would be honored to join you. Proud To Be may also be there. He lives in Portland and said he would try to get there by 1 PM. So I will look for a tan kufi and red shirt. :-) Z

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't remember the miles but it is 3 1/2 hours one way with rest area stops to get out and walk. I definitely want my picture taken with "my Elio". They may have to pry me out of it. LOL :) Z

I think you need to be sure to talk to all the helpers and let them know who you are and demand that they take your picture and post it for all the world to see :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wellllllllll uh, I was thinking of that "cat woman" they had at the P4 unveiling. I would love to do something like that only with me in my dress and Birkenstocks. I am definitely not a cat woman or even cat woman material. It is safe to say I am totally at the other end of that spectrum. Well, at least I am no longer a 3X but I am also not a 4. LOL :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm Do you really think I should be that gutsy? LOL :) Z
upload_2014-7-9_15-50-16.jpeg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
A member of the Elio Motors Owners Association group on Facebook posted this review after visiting the Elio in Portland this past weekend and it has some interesting answers to questions which frequently appear on this forum.

NEW NEWS LEARNED TODAY VISITING THE P4 SHOWING! Well, after finding out about EM just after the P3 came through last year, I finally got to see the P4 in Portland. As soon as I saw the orange color in the distance I wanted to start running! I felt like a kid coming down t stairs on Christmas morning! I wish I could post more pics but my computer is not allowing it for some reason. But I did ask questions of several people including Jerome Vasilo and his wife Pam. Most answers came from Jerome. Here are some of the answers I received.
* I asked one person in his opinion what he would say is the percentage chance this car will go into production. Answer: 100% and he was very positive and sincere in his answer.
* Jerome told me that they had just received 30 million to cover the cost of producing 25 E series or P5's. I was shocked to find out from him that the P4 cost 500,000 to build!! I had previously heard 100K or more.
* Jerome also stated that they now would only need around 110 million or thereabouts. He mentioned that just about any one of the investors could write a check for the balance of what is needed if they wanted. But rather than trying to find new investors they want to remain faithful to the ones that were there from early on if they want to up their investment. My observation from this conversation was simply don't worry about the funding. They are where they need to be for September 2015 production. I feel much more confident about the funding issue after talking to Jerome. I wish every one of you who have reserved could have been there listening. : )
* Jerome also said that they are thinking of bypassing the production of the P5 and going right to producing 25 pre-production models. I would think that might save 12.5 million at 1/2 million per car.
* The highly anticipated engine for the Elio should be ready at the end of this month! That should stir another reservation frenzy! Jerome also told me that both marine and airplane industry people want to take a look at this engine for their applications. And yes, this engine is patented. That could mean some good revenue right there for EM.
* Larger side mirrors in the production model should bring the rear visibility right to the back of the car.
* The 2" raise on the roof should increase the trunk room somewhat which is nice as it is fairly shallow as is especially at the lower lip of the trunk lid.
I know its a prototype, but I wasn't crazy hearing the door close in a video. Ti told me that it's a wonder the door even closes at all considering thousands of people every weekend are opening and closing the door. They are instructed to slowly ease the door closed after someone has gotten in. I even saw one guy screwing a couple of screws tight again. But not to worry as its a prototype.
* My brother in law said he head someone say that the finished model will have more padding on the door upholstery.
* The reason for some of the rust on the suspension is that this model has no rust proofing.
* Jerome drove the P4 in that snow video in Michigan in very cold weather. This model has no heater, poor guy.
* But Jerome also said that he had a very hard time trying to get the P4 to break loose on the road even without traction control, ABS or stability control which will be on the production model. I'm sure he was not talking about snow but dry road.
* Jerome told me the suspension is a sport tuned suspension. Which means it should take a pretty decent corner! When I told him I really enjoyed cornering my Miata, he said it should be similar. Wouldn't that be cool if in addition to low cost high mpg and great standard equipment, we also had a blast taking corners in this gem?
* Finally, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that most the company including Paul Elio are professing Christians. After talking to them for 1 1/2 hours, I have no doubt it goes way beyond just talk. If you do all the reading about them and the company you will find them very principled and morally above board. Now I know the reason why. For those who know the power of prayer, it would be great for them to have an army of prayers believing for provision and wisdom in this very challenging undertaking which will benefit our country and eventually the world.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/541114732602722/permalink/699103220137205/

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A member of the Elio Motors Owners Association group on Facebook posted this review after visiting the Elio in Portland this past weekend and it has some interesting answers to questions which frequently appear on this forum.
Thank you for posting that goofyone. Lots of good information. I have only one comment though. As a person who is not a Christian I don't understand why those who are think they are the only people in the world who have good morals and are ethical. There are good moral and ethical people from every religion and even those who have no religion at all. I apologize in advance for writing a post about religion but I feel there is a lot of intolerance towards non-Christians that is based more on lack of knowledge and fear of people who think differently than on fact. :-) Z

Top Bottom