• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Portland, Oregon Elio Event 7/11-7/13/2014

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
A member of the Elio Motors Owners Association group on Facebook posted this review after visiting the Elio in Portland this past weekend and it has some interesting answers to questions which frequently appear on this forum.

The P4 cost $500k to build??!! Holy cow. I believe this will be my new answer to the FB trolls that are always saying "just the build the darn thing!"

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wellllllllll uh, I was thinking of that "cat woman" they had at the P4 unveiling. I would love to do something like that only with me in my dress and Birkenstocks. I am definitely not a cat woman or even cat woman material. It is safe to say I am totally at the other end of that spectrum. Well, at least I am no longer a 3X but I am also not a 4. LOL :) Z

Well, zelio, you are a 1 in my book now and ALWAYS will be! You rock, Gal! ;)

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
A member of the Elio Motors Owners Association group on Facebook posted this review after visiting the Elio in Portland this past weekend and it has some interesting answers to questions which frequently appear on this forum.

Just to confirm my understanding... the P5 = E series = next and possibly last prototype?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The P4 cost $500k to build??!! Holy cow. I believe this will be my new answer to the FB trolls that are always saying "just the build the darn thing!"
That is somewhat mind boggling considering they used bits and pieces from other vehicles but it was, after all, hand built. If you haven't seen the pictures of the "worker bee" working on the P4 you have really missed something. Hand or custom built items of any kind mean a lot more labor time and energy than most people realize. The end results sure are exciting though. LOL :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to confirm my understanding... the P5 = E series = next and possibly last prototype?
The P5 is the next, and likely last, prototype. The plan as I understand it is to build the P5 and then quickly use it as a template for building about 25 preproduction "E" builds.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for posting that goofyone. Lots of good information. I have only one comment though. As a person who is not a Christian I don't understand why those who are think they are the only people in the world who have good morals and are ethical. There are good moral and ethical people from every religion and even those who have no religion at all. I apologize in advance for writing a post about religion but I feel there is a lot of intolerance towards non-Christians that is based more on lack of knowledge and fear of people who think differently than on fact. :) Z

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC0l58cjIjZwmhocNzer4VdiPVdDm714od08jsTMhCWbSSftEw.jpg
:)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Portland event was great! I am 6'7" and I fit! There may even be room to clutch![Broken External Image]
Hi and welcome from Sutherlin, OR, Jeff. I spent 4 hours with Elio and friends on Friday of the Event and consider it more than worth the 7 hour round trip drive. I loved the Elio before and now I LOVE it! I'm glad you were able to fit in this delightful vehicle. I hope you enjoy the wait time by visiting here and sharing your ideas and knowledge with the diverse and wide spread group. We even have a couple of Canadians, one of the members claims to live in Adat, Alaska and one member is in Eastern Europe but will be retiring somewhere in the Northeast. This is an entertaining and fascinating place to spend spare time. Enjoy the journey to Elio production and ownership. 2015 Elios here were come! :) Z

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jeff, welcome from New Mexico. Great to hear you fit into the Elio. Should be reassuring to others. Looking forward to your comments and opinions. Hope you find the Elio journey enjoyable and rewarding.

Top Bottom