• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Positive News From Elio

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't even load for me. I let it sit for almost a minute and a half, and it never loaded. This is a brand new laptop, with a fresh loadout of software, as of yesterday.

I just loaded it at home last night. It took about a minute to load but I saw the load bar moving and it eventually got there. Could it be your ad-blocker or antivirus software? It is possible that some feature with the configurator code is being blocked by software on your computer because it looks like malware to your system.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I did a little testing.
If I went to www.eliomotors.com ^and then went to Customize ^ myelio.me then when I clicked on Configurator.
(The ^ means separate step) each one was done the same way, close anything that was open, open just the browser enter address, then steps above.
Edge = 35sec
<Close Edge>
Chrome = 27sec
<Close Chrome>
IE11 = 36sec
<Close when done>.

Then step 2 Rather then go through www.eliomotors.com; I went directly to myelio.me
Opened Edge = 22sec
<close Edge>
Open Chrome = 12sec
<close chrome>
Open IE11 35
<Close IE11 and returned>

So it appears that Chrome will hold the page longer, thus bringing it up faster then the others.
I would have to say after those tests Chrome is fastest, once it (a page) been opened.
Edge second; but I know Edge and IE11 have done away with Flash and Java.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That sounds about right. Since you have Win10 now, did you try it in Edge? It works fine for me.
I had not. I don't use IE or Edge, normally. (Except for one coprorate site that doesn't work in Chrome.)

Turning off both AdBlock and Blur, I can load the configurator in <10 seconds on Chrome (F5 and reload takes about 3 seconds). Edge took about 12 (F5 and reload takes 12 again).

IMNSHO, the inability of the configurator to work with ad blocking enabled is a major problem.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Check out the Google translation of ALL the foreign press... Europe, Japan and China want ELIO!!!
Do you have some example links that show individual enthusiasm? How did you search the foreign press, "Deutschland elio"?
That one did get me .. TranslatedLink at http://www.focus.de .. Link2 .. Link3 .. Link4
"France Elio Motors" .. www.trike-europe.com .. Link2
"España elio motors" .. www.autobild.es .. Link2 .. Link3
"Росси́я elio motors" .. got nothing ...
"england elio motors" .. Link1 .. Link2 .. and of course my article at http://www.3wheelers.com/ (based in the UK)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's why the french are all for electric vehicles. Right now, most are diesel and their plan will take at least 5-10 years to become reality. Gas is not on their list of the next great thing because unless the Elio shows up a foot shorter and a hatchback that can cram 4 people in it, they are not interested. In addition to that, people in Europe, China and Japan don't own an "and" car and literally can't put the high mileage we do here in the states because they have a great public transportation system. They don't drive 60 miles round trip to go back and forth to work.

You have to remember, Europeans, Chinese and the Japanese don't live in a 1500 sqft mansion on a 1/3 acre of land and have three cars like we all do in America. They live in a flat and have a single car that gets a total of 3K miles per year.

It would be like not understanding why Americans don't eat raw meat with a raw egg on top or duck tongue or seared kidney or half hatched duck eggs or fake eggs or loading up french fries with a ton of mayonnaise, or soaking raw fish in lukewarm oil or the more mushy the peas, the better or horse steaks and all of that other things you never find here on every menu. With that, the Elio needs to be different to fit their needs. If any place the Elio could do well would be Australia but it's a 2 seater in that country, it has to be a ute.
I lived in Europe for 9 years and I don't know a single Brit, German, or Italian that only put 3K miles per year on their car. Everyone I knew put many more miles on their vehicles.

Top Bottom