• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Potholes

runt2

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Interestingly, I currently have a 20 mile stretch of construction on my daily commute to work. The new construction lane is very narrow and straddles the rumble strip. I've been thinking about how miserable this would be with my Elio. As much as we are going to love our new Elios, they will not be without some drawbacks. Such is life.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interestingly, I currently have a 20 mile stretch of construction on my daily commute to work. The new construction lane is very narrow and straddles the rumble strip. I've been thinking about how miserable this would be with my Elio. As much as we are going to love our new Elios, they will not be without some drawbacks. Such is life.
But the construction might be finished by the time you need it to be.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

No problem...

rumble strip zone.jpg

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember Jay Leno driving a three wheeled car on his garage show and stating 'If there's a pothole your going to hit it.'
He must have been driving in Maine. Seriously, to everyone in states so flush with highway fund cash you're uncertain how to approach pot holes... it must be nice. I don't see Elio having any more or less issues than any other vehicle, just different issues. ;)

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I asked this same question a while back, and the general consensus was "drive around it". :confused:
Having commuted in low-slung sports cars (and one slammed ex-cop-car!) for much of the last 20 years, that is the correct answer. With those cars I had to drive completely around any debris in the road, either on the shoulder or into the other lane. I once had a rock in the road severely damage the underside of my prettiest car because of no shoulder, oncoming traffic, and no time to stop without getting rear-ended. Thought I would clear it. Nope. :(

So I'm already very conscious of the road surface ahead.

Part of the secret is leave lots of room between you and the car in front of you. As much as is practical given the speed and traffic. That room is precious time to react.

Not sure if this tadpole will be squirrel-friendly or a weapon of mass destruction.
The latter, I hope. Kill all tree rats! :mad:

I'll probably still avoid them because I don't want to have to clean their guts out of the spats. ;)

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having commuted in low-slung sports cars (and one slammed ex-cop-car!) for much of the last 20 years, that is the correct answer. With those cars I had to drive completely around any debris in the road, either on the shoulder or into the other lane. I once had a rock in the road severely damage the underside of my prettiest car because of no shoulder, oncoming traffic, and no time to stop without getting rear-ended. Thought I would clear it. Nope. :(

So I'm already very conscious of the road surface ahead.

Part of the secret is leave lots of room between you and the car in front of you. As much as is practical given the speed and traffic. That room is precious time to react.

The latter, I hope. Kill all tree rats! :mad:

I'll probably still avoid them because I don't want to have to clean their guts out of the spats. ;)
I had a problem several summers ago hitting bats (the critter ones, not the ones the Red Sox use) they were everywhere here in Maine. Now we have more issues hitting moose, I'm hopeful the Elio will just pass under them, or in the worst case the Martinsitic roll cage would keep one off my lap. :D

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a problem several summers ago hitting bats (the critter ones, not the ones the Red Sox use) they were everywhere here in Maine. Now we have more issues hitting moose, I'm hopeful the Elio will just pass under them, or in the worst case the Martinsitic roll cage would keep one off my lap. :D

Maybe you should install hydraulics in your Elio - with a special Moose-Mode that lowers the whole thing 4".

Top Bottom