• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Purchase At/near Shreveport Plant

Larry Rymal

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I don't live that far from the Shreveport plant and was wondering if anyone has heard if purchase can be done there, as opposed to driving to one of the listed city areas? Shreveport is not listed as having a reseller.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't live that far from the Shreveport plant and was wondering if anyone has heard if purchase can be done there, as opposed to driving to one of the listed city areas? Shreveport is not listed as having a reseller.

Considering that all the Elio stores will be company owned and they plan on allowing new owners to pick up their Elios at the factory I would bet there is a great chance there is a full service store at the factory site.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Larry Rymal

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Ah, OK... somehow I missed through these past few months about a purchase being possible at the plant. Kinda ironic, years ago, we took a field trip to the Shreveport plant to watch trucks being built.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio has also said they plan to sell direct over the internet with delivery straight to your home as an option so buying an Elio should be easy no matter where you are located.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jerome says Mr. Elio wants to give anyone who picks it up from the factory free destinations, instead of the $750 charge. He said the sales department is dead set against it. No one in the industry does it any more from what I hear..It would take an entire department to handle the paper work, you have to have the elio prepped, cleaned and gassed, the credit apps need to be approved, cpmtracts issued, and signed.. I bet trade ins are a no no at the factory and insurance bought on your Elio..and I am sure the state would have to have kind of documentation as a dealer separate from the factory which isn't one. Time will tell.

Larry Rymal

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Elio has also said they plan to sell direct over the internet with delivery straight to your home as an option so buying an Elio should be easy no matter where you are located.....

That could be workable, similar to how motorcycles can be delivered now. Vehicle carrier would be contracted out to deliver these. Even my John Deere tractor was delivered to my house. I'll bet this is a headache, though.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm still not clear about how and when the options we chose will get installed on the car. I wanted to pick mine up at the factory, but, if I have to take it to Pep Boys or some other location to have my options installed and wait for it there, I might reconsider the trip even though I really wanted to see how they make my elio. I had a problem purchasing a new car when I moved from Colorado to Florida. I purchased a new car in Colorado the day I moved to Florida,which at the time had a 2% sales tax. When I tried to turn in my Colorado, temp tag, and register my vehicle in my new home state of Florida, which has a 6% sales tax, the state of Florida wanted 4% of the book value of the vehicle,($32,000) to register my car, since I purchased it in a different state, and I was now a Florida resident. Apparently, because there are so many snow birds that live elsewhere, and have winter homes in Florida, they will register their vehicles in Florida because it's cheaper than their home state. Anyway, it was a major hassle. Here's a new Google alert I received this morning.

http://www.torquenews.com/2250/84-mpg-6800-too-good-be-true-not-few-compromises

Last edited:
Top Bottom