• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Purchase At/near Shreveport Plant

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have wondered about that but assumed that it simply meant heat and air conditioning when referring to a car. Is there such a thing as true climate control in high end cars? I honestly don't know. :) Z
Z
With climate control, you set the temp to 72, and the car temp stays constant at 72, turning the compressor off when temp is achived. With ac you shut it off manually when you are cool enough. Same with the heat.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z
With climate control, you set the temp to 72, and the car temp stays constant at 72, turning the compressor off when temp is achived. With ac you shut it off manually when you are cool enough. Same with the heat.
I assumed all that. I simply did not realize cars had that. As I said, I am way-ay-ay-ay behind times when it comes to vehicle ammenities. LOL :-) Z

JDub

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Z
Most cars you can dial the temp gauge to set a temp. Turn the dial off full cold and the compressor will cycle.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most cars you can dial the temp gauge to set a temp. Turn the dial off full cold and the compressor will cycle.
My 1999 Camry may do that but I so seldom use my ac I haven't noticed. LOL I usually use just the fan unless it is so hot that doesn't help. Then I will cool the system down with the ac, turn it off and go back to just the fan. I really do not like air conditioning but I guess you may have already figured that out. LOL :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My 1999 Camry may do that but I so seldom use my ac I haven't noticed. LOL I usually use just the fan unless it is so hot that doesn't help. Then I will cool the system down with the ac, turn it off and go back to just the fan. I really do not like air conditioning but I guess you may have already figured that out. LOL :) Z
My wife is from Portland and there aren't too many days for AC in Oregon. When we got married her car didn't have AC because she said they never needed it. Now windshield wipers, that a different story and a must have item.

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife is from Portland and there aren't too many days for AC in Oregon. When we got married her car didn't have AC because she said they never needed it. Now windshield wipers, that a different story and a must have item.
Variable intermittent wipers... Even better in the various levels of Northwest mist and drizzle!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Variable intermittent wipers... Even better in the various levels of Northwest mist and drizzle!
I had had my Camry about 12 years when I discovered the variable aspect of the intermittent wipers. I felt two things - stupid for not noticing before that. Thrilled because of the various levels of Northwest mist and drizzle. LOL :-) Z

Larry Rymal

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I live just across the border into Texas. We are always purchasing vehicles in Shreveport, and if the situation comes up that we want service, and accessories purchase/installation at a Texas dealers, there is no issue. Purchasing a vehicle in Shreveport and getting it tagged in Texas has never been an issue. I can't explain why or the what-fors....

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assumed all that. I simply did not realize cars had that. As I said, I am way-ay-ay-ay behind times when it comes to vehicle ammenities. LOL :) Z

Zelio, it gets better. The climate controls in certain cars permit a different setting for the passenger, and oftentimes a third zone for the passenger compartment!

Top Bottom