• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Purchase At/near Shreveport Plant

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm still not clear about how and when the options we chose will get installed on the car. I wanted to pick mine up at the factory, but, if I have to take it to Pep Boys or some other location to have my options installed and wait for it there, I might reconsider the trip even though I really wanted to see how they make my elio. I had a problem purchasing a new car when I moved from Colorado to Florida. I purchased a new car in Colorado the day I moved to Florida,which at the time had a 2% sales tax. When I tried to turn in my Colorado, temp tag, and register my vehicle in my new home state of Florida, which has a 6% sales tax, the state of Florida wanted 4% of the book value of the vehicle,($32,000) to register my car, since I purchased it in a different state, and I was now a Florida resident. Apparently, because there are so many snow birds that live elsewhere, and have winter homes in Florida, they will register their vehicles in Florida because it's cheaper than their home state. Anyway, it was a major hassle. Here's a new Google alert I received this morning.

http://www.torquenews.com/2250/84-mpg-6800-too-good-be-true-not-few-compromises
I loved the article although it isn't totally accurate and of the few comments I read all but one were positive. Thanks for posting. Another good job! :-) Z

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only one glaring error in that one - leather seating? In your dreams. LOL Thanks for posting. :) Z
All these articles keep mentioning climate control. To my knowledge, that would mean automatic temp control when set to a specific temp. That is not the same as heat, and air conditioning. Unless Elio has changed what we've been told, someone need to clarify.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All these articles keep mentioning climate control. To my knowledge, that would mean automatic temp control when set to a specific temp. That is not the same as heat, and air conditioning. Unless Elio has changed what we've been told, someone need to clarify.
I have wondered about that but assumed that it simply meant heat and air conditioning when referring to a car. Is there such a thing as true climate control in high end cars? I honestly don't know. :-) Z

Top Bottom