• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Push Elio Over The Top !

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Elio is doing well, and in case you haven't emailed everyone in your email list to help spread the word and convert new people into supporting our cause, here is a premade email you can share with everyone on your list.

I sent this out, and have gotten several positive responses, and I believe 1-2 people that are going to take the plunge.

If all of you do the same, we could quickly see Elio's reservation numbers quickly top 50,000

Here it is: (Copy and paste a few Elio Photos at the top of your email, to further enhance it)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Check out my new car

Right now you can get up to a 500.00 bonus off this amazing new car, that gets 84mpg and is only $6,800.00 !

It is the perfect commuter car that pays for itself with 2/3 less fuel usage, lower insurance costs, and it costs less than half the cost of a regular car. It even has a trunk !

Elio Motors is going to revolutionize the automotive industry, starting next year.

They are scheduled to build the all-new Elio in 2015. It is a 2 passenger car, that is technically licensed as a motorcycle.

The car will be sourced from 90% North American Parts, with most being pre-existing automobile parts that have already been tested and proven.

They have just secured a factory in Louisiana, and will employ over 1500 people right here in the USA.

They are currently finishing up the testing of their all new 1.0 Liter 3 cylinder engine, that should get at least 84 mpg highway, and 49 mpg city.

It is much safer than a motorcycle, as it has a fully enclosed cockpit, airbags, seat belts, electronic stability control, and anti lock brakes. It also has other great safety features that they are working on to earn it a 5 star safety rating.

In most states it is able to be driven in the HOV lanes with only one person, has a regular steering wheel and is exempt from needing a motorcycle endorsement, and also doesn't require a helmet.

Right now, with their holiday bonus, if you reserve your place in line with a deposit, you can get 50% of your deposit credited to you when you get the car !

So, if you put down 500.00, you'd get 250.00 off, and if you put down 1,000.00 you'd get 500.00 off.

Right now there are over 37,000 people that have reserved one of these cars, and you can too !

You can learn more at http://www.ElioMotors.com

Please pass it on !

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Excellent, but the Elio is technically a three wheel motorcycle that we hope to license as an autocycle.

I can't bring myself to recommend to someone to put money down on a product that isn't tested and I haven't tried............even though I have a reservation. I mention the Elio in conversation and sometimes it stirs some discussion.......but I still don't recommend a pre-order. If seriously interested in the concept they will go to the Elio website for more information and ultimately hook themselves.

Puna bob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
While I am enthusiastic about the Elio and gladly share the good news with all my friends or interested parties,
I am afraid an E-Mail of this nature makes me feel like a evangelist selling my beliefs door to door.
I love the Elio design enough to risk my money on a non-refundable deposit but I don't feel it's my place to encourage others to do the same.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I am enthusiastic about the Elio and gladly share the good news with all my friends or interested parties,
I am afraid an E-Mail of this nature makes me feel like a evangelist selling my beliefs door to door.
I love the Elio design enough to risk my money on a non-refundable deposit but I don't feel it's my place to encourage others to do the same.
Nothing wrong with selling your beliefs door to door if what you truly believe in is something that you know the other person needs and would benefit their life. If you care about people, you'll want to share this good news with them.
Are we still talking about cars?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
did you ever recommend something to a friend and for whatever reason, it didn't go well .... I have and that experience has affected the way I talk with friends about things that can be bought .... I'll tell them why I like a product and why it works for me but I very seldom recommend that anyone else go out and buy whatever we are talking about .... some folks I've talked with about an Elio have shown some interest, some have been mildly amused, and some think its ridiculous (one asked how many clowns can it hold)

Jim

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
To those who think the email is pushing anyone to buy it, please re read it. The message simply informs people about the new product and the benefits of it. It says you can buy one or put a deposit down on one, it doesn't say you should or anything like that. There's nothing wrong with being enthusiastic about something you believe in and if other people don't like it they don't have to post The email or send it to their friends, I have and I've got nothing but positive responses. Maybe If it is too pushy for your tastes, try a different approach, it is up to you. My main point here is that we as future owners are the best advertising for this new vehicle and we should be telling everyone we know about it in order to help spread the word.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with selling your beliefs door to door if what you truly believe in is something that you know the other person needs and would benefit their life. If you care about people, you'll want to share this good news with them.
Are we still talking about cars?
If we really care about people we would write the check and gift $100 minimum refundable Elio reservation in their name rather than convince them to spend there own money.

Top Bottom