• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Push Elio Over The Top !

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Geez..... Can't we spread the word without people telling us that we should pay for it? Wtf?

LOL, yes certainly.

Just because other folks won't do Bill's suggestion, doesn't make the idea a bad idea. Those of us that don't want to do it, don't do it. Those of us that want to do it, go for it.

You bet, if you feel it's in the recipient's best interest, send them the email. If you feel like putting down $100 refundable for them, do it. All great ideas. And if you don't think it's a good idea, don't do it. :)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the thing -- an all-in reservation, in whatever amount, is a commitment to spend over $5,800 on the car. Undoing an all-in reservation, even if it's only $100, louses up Elio's production estimates, and hurts the company. On the other hand, committing a friend or family member to spend that money when they may not even know what the car is, is very damaging.

So all in all, I think making an all-in reservation in someone else's name is a really, really bad idea. Now if you discuss the car, and they're hot to trot, and you offer the $100 reservation as a gift in support of their choice ... that's a different matter, and bravo for you (and them).

Informed consent is vital in this situation, IMO.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So am I the only who would feel smarmy at best to send out an email such as the one suggested. It's insulting to even be asked to do it. To actually do it? *shudder*

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the thing -- an all-in reservation, in whatever amount, is a commitment to spend over $5,800 on the car. Undoing an all-in reservation, even if it's only $100, louses up Elio's production estimates, and hurts the company. On the other hand, committing a friend or family member to spend that money when they may not even know what the car is, is very damaging.

So all in all, I think making an all-in reservation in someone else's name is a really, really bad idea. Now if you discuss the car, and they're hot to trot, and you offer the $100 reservation as a gift in support of their choice ... that's a different matter, and bravo for you (and them).

Informed consent is vital in this situation, IMO.
Much better explanation. I didn't mean to make a reservation anonymously in the persons name, but rather as a gift........... only if they wanted to commit to the the Elio and pay the balance due. Again, I won't hard sell the Elio concept to anybody until after I own one and am satisfied with the driving experience.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think I will be sending emails out and I have tried to strike a balance so as not to become annoying however I have definitely shared my Elio obsession with all my friends and family both in person and over social media.

Considering I work from home, my father was my business partner, and I live within sight of my parents' house they have likely heard about this the most. My mother would really like one even though she has never actually seen one in person yet however she has been asking my father to buy her a small runabout vehicle for quite a while now as she can not handle the scooter anymore due to arthritis in her hands plus the Elio would offer all weather comfort. :)

I will likely end up putting in $100 on a reservation towards the end of the current promotion period with that being in my mothers name. :)

My father is much less enthusiastic about the whole thing however this is likely mostly due to his very conservative nature with money and this being far from a done deal. He did get to see it at the air show in Rome, GA and was impressed with the P4 build. As he is a gear-head at heart I am sure when I get mine he will be begging to drive it as he never has been able to resist a new motorized toy. I guess that must run in the family. :D

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
So am I the only who would feel smarmy at best to send out an email such as the one suggested. It's insulting to even be asked to do it. To actually do it? *shudder*

Nobody said you had to do it, and if you feel insulted, you're probably one of the few.... Most people here are excited about the Elio, and want to promote it and help it succeed. If you aren't, that's fine. It takes all kinds.

Top Bottom