• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Put A Fork In It. Elio Is Most Likely Toast.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You'd have called me crazy if I told you that mortgage package ratings were a scam back in the early 2000s. If there's money to be made (or profits to be defended), I wouldn't put it past people.
No... I agree with you slinches. I believe that people are making money on Elio Motors, just as people are making money behind closed doors and in dark corners everywhere. However, if you research, you'll find that it often takes a while for the internet "news" blogger sites to pick up on these things. Unless they're actually contacted by the subject with a press release (the subject here being EM), there's almost always a lag time before they all start regurgitating the first negative "article". The only thing most of these blogs get out of this is traffic. I just thought it was a good place for a little humor. It wasn't intended to be at your expense.

Last edited:

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I used to think like that too, but barring a miracle, those of us who put all in reservations in, effectively bought 1,000.00 T Shirts.

That is such a bold statement. Elio may very well not make it to market. The majority of start up companies fail. that's a fact. Elio is no different, probably more so. I can't imagine how hard it would be to start a "car" company. But to call it a scam is outlandish and sounds like sour grapes. I'm in for $1000 as well, so I have a dog in the fight. I have not seen one ounce of evidence that Elio is out to defraud people. If they are scamming, they suck at it. Why would they reinvest so much money on building their own engine, building multiple prototypes and E-Series cars, spending a lot of money on touring the country and paying to exhibit at some of the largest car shows and such. Might they fail? Absolutely. Is it a scam? have not see one single thing to indicate that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio goes under, will this website go tits up too? If it does not, all we're going to hear is the wining and wailing of those, including myself, who flushed the thousand dollars (or more, for those investors) down the toilet. Maybe our losses tax deductible!

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've had enough of the waiting, and at least the nightmare is going to be over....

It certainly looks like the Elio is dead. With only 100K in cash, and over 123 million in debt, there's little to no chance this car will ever be produced. Too bad, it was a great idea.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/elio-motors-financial-woes/
I've said this a number of times and will say it again, how many startups are flush with cash (meaning, zero debt) when they haven't even sold anything?

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio goes under, will this website go tits up too? If it does not, all we're going to hear is the wining and wailing of those, including myself, who flushed the thousand dollars (or more, for those investors) down the toilet. Maybe our losses tax deductible!
If you can't afford to lose the money, then you shouldn't have gone All In :)
If I lose my $1K and my "investment" $$$, so be it.............that's what RISK is all about :D

Top Bottom