• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Raleigh, Nc; Dec 12, 2014 - Dec 14, 2014

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
By law the fairings cannot have projecting lights because they are distracting to oncoming drivers, but glow lights are legal. For example no headlights on them, but non projecting led strips like in the can am photo are fine. No one has approached Elio about doing that style of lighting yet though

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't run into any other members yet and I'm returning home. Someone else will have to answer any questions following this post.

Thanks for taking questions for a while. Glad you were able to experience the Elgin gauges and the nicely cleaned up vehicle as well as get good time in with the tour team.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I have written several times now the design is definitely unorthodox, and hence off-putting to some, however in final form the gauge cluster will be plenty usable and will not be a safety issue.
My objections have never been about safety its been about esthetics.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
However, Jim H, esthetics are, like beauty, in the eye of the beholder. I very sincerely like the appearance of the Elgin dash at least as much as you hate it. That does not make either of us wrong. Our tastes are simply different. That should be OK with both of us. :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
However, Jim H, esthetics are, like beauty, in the eye of the beholder. I very sincerely like the appearance of the Elgin dash at least as much as you hate it. That does not make either of us wrong. Our tastes are simply different. That should be OK with both of us. :) Z
Z, I absolutely agree with you and that's what makes this forum so enjoyable. My wife thinks the Elio is very ugly so I am well aware of dissenting opinions. Where you and I both agree is that we believe in PE's dream and are fully committed to supporting his vision and acquiring our own Elio's.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Jim, I hope you did not take that comment the wrong way as it was not meant as commentary on the aesthetics at all, which is why I acknowledged the design was off-putting to some people, but instead directed at concerns over safety and usability people have expressed. :)

Top Bottom