• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Random Thoughts...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Such a setup rigged to the frame on the right side of the Elio could serve multiple purposes -- surf boards, snowboards, skis, bicycles, ladders, perhaps even marketing/advertising signs. As eye-catching as the Elio vehicle is, it could be a dream marketing tool.
just don't put anything between the front wheel and the body as they almost touch on sharp turns.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your rearview still won't show much more than your own face. The side curtain airbags will help that rear seat rider be a little more safe.
Well, you gotta take that up to EM to add the side curtain airbags among other things, but no matter how you cut it, ELIO's narrow body is a safety concern in my book specially the rear area that have nothing to soften the impact of a side collision but it's just my humble opinion. That's why I'm glad the SOLO's driver side doors passed the side impact test with flying colors. Eventually when both see production, it's the buyer's decision.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, you gotta take that up to EM to add the side curtain airbags among other things, but no matter how you cut it, ELIO's narrow body is a safety concern in my book specially the rear area that have nothing to soften the impact of a side collision but it's just my humble opinion. That's why I'm glad the SOLO's driver side doors passed the side impact test with flying colors. Eventually when both see production, it's the buyer's decision.
Elio has said that their vehicle will have 3 air bags. Where do YOU think those will be?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assume the SOLO passed Canada’s side impact certification requirements/validation to register and license in Canada. I need USA side impact crash testing data to better understand just how safe the SOLO is based on the USA’s 1- 5 Star Safety Rating. I consider safety a major consideration when purchasing/driving any three wheeler motorcycle classified vehicle to include the Elio, SOLO, and Arcimoto. Driver’s better focus on driving these vehicles, rather than all the other distractions when behind the wheel/handlebars.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True but since the beginning, Paul has said it would have 3 airbags. I don't see him coming off of that even though he has had to backtrack some design elements and other equipment.
That's all we can hope for Ty. The whole attraction of the ELIO is the 84mpg 600+ miles of driving between fill ups and the targeted base price of 7K. I said wow, I gotta get one of these! Made my initial want-in then went all-in for 1K oblivious of how safe or small it is. It's a bargain and I'm determined to get it. But here we are, 10+ years later (correct me if I'm wrong) still waiting and the funding to take this project to production remains uncertain. Waiting is the easy part for most of us after all EM is the one doing the hard work.The website is still running, weekly blogs is still coming in so hope floats. ICEs have been around for a long, long time and with ELIO's projected mpg, there's no contest against any 3wheeler EV's but they're here, and ELIO unfortunately is not so I MOVED ON....for now, and so will others for time waits for no one.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's all we can hope for Ty. The whole attraction of the ELIO is the 84mpg 600+ miles of driving between fill ups and the targeted base price of 7K. I said wow, I gotta get one of these! Made my initial want-in then went all-in for 1K oblivious of how safe or small it is. It's a bargain and I'm determined to get it. But here we are, 10+ years later (correct me if I'm wrong) still waiting and the funding to take this project to production remains uncertain. Waiting is the easy part for most of us after all EM is the one doing the hard work.The website is still running, weekly blogs is still coming in so hope floats. ICEs have been around for a long, long time and with ELIO's projected mpg, there's no contest against any 3wheeler EV's but they're here, and ELIO unfortunately is not so I MOVED ON....for now, and so will others for time waits for no one.
I’m 10 years older following Elio and my Chip Stempeck promised coming soon test drive back in 2010.........still waiting. I’m too old to wait! Fun to experience the soon to be available three wheeler options while waiting.

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m 10 years older following Elio and my Chip Stempeck promised coming soon test drive back in 2010.........still waiting. I’m too old to wait! Fun to experience the soon to be available three wheeler options while waiting.
Yes, the Arcimoto should available early next year, as the Solo. I eagerly await new of a Sondors manufacturer, most likely in China. I wonder if the Elio would have be made in China, that we would have one already. I hope I eventually get my deposit back!

Top Bottom