• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Random Thoughts...

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m 10 years older following Elio and my Chip Stempeck promised coming soon test drive back in 2010.........still waiting. I’m too old to wait! Fun to experience the soon to be available three wheeler options while waiting.
I couldn't agree more RickB! As much as I wanted to award my business to EM for an ELIO, I can only afford for 1 (one) fun 3wheeler in the form of your FUV or the SOLO which could be available to reservation holders...as early as next year!

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the Arcimoto should available early next year, as the Solo. I eagerly await new of a Sondors manufacturer, most likely in China. I wonder if the Elio would have be made in China, that we would have one already. I hope I eventually get my deposit back!
As to the deposit; I think it's an Elio or bust.....

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, you gotta take that up to EM to add the side curtain airbags among other things, but no matter how you cut it, ELIO's narrow body is a safety concern in my book specially the rear area that have nothing to soften the impact of a side collision but it's just my humble opinion. That's why I'm glad the SOLO's driver side doors passed the side impact test with flying colors. Eventually when both see production, it's the buyer's decision.
could you direct me to the study/test that the side impact "passed with flying colors??

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the Arcimoto should available early next year, as the Solo. I eagerly await new of a Sondors manufacturer, most likely in China. I wonder if the Elio would have be made in China, that we would have one already. I hope I eventually get my deposit back!
I put down a $200.00 deposit on the arcchimoto, and don't recall if they were going to honor my 1k SIL? Anyone??

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I put down a $200.00 deposit on the arcchimoto, and don't recall if they were going to honor my 1k SIL? Anyone??
The Arcimoto FUV deposit is a $100 refundable deposit and they do not have a matching reservation deposit program.
https://www.arcimoto.com/

Or - - - - did you put down the $200 refundable deposit on the ElectraMeccanica single passenger SOLO? The initial reservation match didn’t require the $200 cash deposit only a copy of the deposit reciept for the other vehicle. Kroll may have ended the reservation match program with the opening of the USA store, but should email EMV to double check. https://electrameccanica.com/

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
could you direct me to the study/test that the side impact "passed with flying colors??
Here it is- "Electra Meccanica SOLO successfully completes Canadian Side-crash Testing". The SOLO withstood 20,617 lb. of force applied to vehicle door, compared to the 2, 977 lb. required minimum". Test done by PMB Testing labs in Quebec. No computer simulations
SOLOtest.jpg

here!

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here it is- "Electra Meccanica SOLO successfully completes Canadian Side-crush Testing". The SOLO withstood 20,617 lb. of force applied to vehicle door, compared to the 2, 977 lb. required minimum". Test done by PMB Testing labs in Quebec. No computer simulations View attachment 23005
here!
We shouldn’t confuse that test for this test:

......and yes I realize it would be a deadly crash test case scenario while driving my Arcimoto, but the FUV was so quick and nimble; I’m hoping to avoid that scenario with my amazing driving skills.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We shouldn’t confuse that test for this test:

......and yes I realize it would be a deadly crash test case scenario while driving my Arcimoto, but the FUV was so quick and nimble; I’m hoping to avoid that scenario with my amazing driving skills.
There ya go RickB! Well nothing's really safe and greater risks are always present when you're driving a small vehicle colliding against another vehicle 3x or more it's weight and size. And defensive driving is not enough but eventually, people will buy what they want to buy! SOLO with it's 0-60 in 8 sec. should help a bit to avoid that scenario you're talking about!

Top Bottom