• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Raw Interview With Paul Elio

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..about 3 months or so ago and Paul mentioned the biggest hurdle they had was the F word (funding) and then immediately stated "but, we're over that hurdle now" So, what happened?

It's actually fairly subjective to say 'that hurdle', like which hurdle? It could have meant anything. I felt it meant just the latest hurdle, not the whole kit-and-kabootle.

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I second that! Thanks Bert! Very good interview, and I just get a good 'vibe' off of Paul's demeanor. But what was up with the camera guy? It was like watching Wayne's World...Unnecessary zoom! Unnecessary zoom!o_O Good thing Paul trims his nose hair! :D
They're operating with a single camera and you're not seeing the interviewer.
The rapid re-framing is happening only when she's talking (and he's not), this is where you would cut in editing so you're hearing the questions (and sometimes his replies) while showing pictures / video footage / statistics / etc.
By doing that, each time they return from stock footage to the interview video, the scene is framed slightly differently so it doesn't feel static.
That's why this is the "raw" interview, not the "full" interview.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's actually fairly subjective to say 'that hurdle', like which hurdle? It could have meant anything. I felt it meant just the latest hurdle, not the whole kit-and-kabootle.

No, he was specifically talking about funding. Hmmmm wonder if I can find that news story again......

Here it is.....

2:02 in they ask the question.......but I was wrong his response was "I think we're over that hump" just my wishful thinking memory changed it to more of a positive I guess LOL

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Great interview, thanks so much Bert!

To echo Charlie G's comments, the camera man I would bet has the job of getting video clips. I make videos for my company, of our plant and of our products, and it makes sense that the main purpose of the video is so they can edit it and show 5-8 sec clips on a news cast. We've all seen it on the news, they show the interview-ee talking for 5 secs, then they switch to a back-shot of the interviewer while the audio switches to the news person that's doing the 6 o'clock news. Hope that makes sense.

NDA = Non Disclosure Agreement. Folks that complain that Elio Motors is not transparent, or not transparent "enough", don't understand NDAs. And they don't care to understand. They just want to complain. Most of them have nothing better to do. "Elio Motors won't answer my question. It's not that hard." Yes, it is that hard. As Paul said, if he answered questions that violate NDAs, then significant tasks would fail. But some people don't care about that. :)

It is GREAT to get info straight from Paul. It's also great to have heard some of the info, so as we hear it from Paul we don't get confused (too much) by how he might say it.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Bert! Very nice. I like the way he responds to questions with the answer, AND the "reasoning" behind their decisions. I also, didn't see "song and dance"...you know, the smooth talk of the politician/scam artist (those two things seem to go together like chocolate and peanut butter). There was a question where his reply was, "I don't know". Refreshing interview. Good information. I am comfortable, not fearful.

Ignorance is fear.

Top Bottom