• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Regional Fuel Prices

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No gas purchases for me in over 1 1/2 years. We charge at home on average $10/month. I initially had range anxiety and charging issues, but am pleasantly surprised by our EV ownership and driving experience. Convenient access to charging on long road trips and charging overall, takes no more time than pumping gas. We used to gas up and then stop for lunch/coffee and now we have lunch/coffee while the car is charging……..just enough charge time to get to our next destination. I’m looking forward to seeing more acceptance and progress on the Electric Elio Concept.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No gas purchases for me in over 1 1/2 years. We charge at home on average $10/month. I initially had range anxiety and charging issues, but am pleasantly surprised by our EV ownership and driving experience. Convenient access to charging on long road trips and charging overall, takes no more time than pumping gas. We used to gas up and then stop for lunch/coffee and now we have lunch/coffee while the car is charging……..just enough charge time to get to our next destination. I’m looking forward to seeing more acceptance and progress on the Electric Elio Concept.
One of my past neighbors (elderly) with a Ford Pinto beat your $10 monthly electric bill. She drove round trips of 1 mile and two miles for weekly groceries and church. She occasionally would travel a mile or two for a doctor visit or to get her hair "fixed". She spent about $3 - $4 a month for gas. HA! I don't think she ever filled it up – as the gas would go bad before she could use it up.

Personally, I've never been a big Ford fan – but I offered to buy her Pinto if/when she decided to retire from driving. Of course, she didn't want to sell it – or even think about it. It was her 11- 12 year old lime green baby and had NEVER been in rain, ever. She wouldn't drive it in rain – or drive at night. 100% garage kept and less than 7,000 miles! She eventually moved to a seniors' apartment complex, and took the Pinto with her. I have no doubt she was the coolest resident. ;)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of my past neighbors (elderly) with a Ford Pinto beat your $10 monthly electric bill. She drove round trips of 1 mile and two miles for weekly groceries and church. She occasionally would travel a mile or two for a doctor visit or to get her hair "fixed". She spent about $3 - $4 a month for gas. HA! I don't think she ever filled it up – as the gas would go bad before she could use it up.

Personally, I've never been a big Ford fan – but I offered to buy her Pinto if/when she decided to retire from driving. Of course, she didn't want to sell it – or even think about it. It was her 11- 12 year old lime green baby and had NEVER been in rain, ever. She wouldn't drive it in rain – or drive at night. 100% garage kept and less than 7,000 miles! She eventually moved to a seniors' apartment complex, and took the Pinto with her. I have no doubt she was the coolest resident. ;)
Coming from a former 1976 Pinto owner (my first and last Ford) she sounds very cool indeed! :)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
We drive Dodge and fill it about 1 time every 3 months so we're not doing too bad.
I bought it new in 2017 and it's got about 5,700 miles on it. V6 and I did a little tune-up tweak on it, it does get the job done, but as we age, we find we don't go out that often, and with this flu hitting, well it really put the clamps on going anywhere. I'm local (well been living in Washington state since 75) and wife is from Canada, so we don't really get to go out. Last time we went out was for my birthday 3 years ago, and I embarrassed her with my (ahem) manners. Hey, it was a really good burger with onion and I kind of BELLCCHED a little loudly. I said excuse me, but damage was already done, I still haven't heard the end of it. Red Robin .................... Yum!!!

Top Bottom