• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Regional Fuel Prices

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well we just shot up to $4.49 in Dayton Ohio. Also noticed we pay about $0.60 in taxes on a gallon.
If the government really wanted to they could eliminate those taxes temporarily.
Our government has subsidized BIG oil for years……perhaps it’s time for governmental regulations that curb price hikes to prevent price gouging. The taxes needed and used to repair roads and infrastructure is not the cause of or solution for the current inflated gas prices and increased BIG oil profits. The primary reason more people are thinking about EV options.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those gas taxes havent been used to repair infrastructure around here. Just a slush fund for the states. 3.5 Trillion in "infrastructure investment" hasnt brought any either. Potholes are worse than I ever remember, making cars swerve around the roads to avoid them and being severely damaged if they hit one. We have bridges closed off that cannot be used. Traffic jams have gotten out of control in the past few months, more people back to work? More cars on the road during record high gas prices? I would think we could be rebuilding every interstate in the country with that money.
Price controls were tried in the early 70's, I remember very well. Didnt stop anything. Remember the limits on markups? They were violated all the time by everyone. I think I remember it was 15%. Remember "old gas" and "new gas"? What a racket that was.
Good times.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those gas taxes havent been used to repair infrastructure around here. Just a slush fund for the states. 3.5 Trillion in "infrastructure investment" hasnt brought any either. Potholes are worse than I ever remember, making cars swerve around the roads to avoid them and being severely damaged if they hit one. We have bridges closed off that cannot be used. Traffic jams have gotten out of control in the past few months, more people back to work? More cars on the road during record high gas prices? I would think we could be rebuilding every interstate in the country with that money.
Price controls were tried in the early 70's, I remember very well. Didnt stop anything. Remember the limits on markups? They were violated all the time by everyone. I think I remember it was 15%. Remember "old gas" and "new gas"? What a racket that was.
Good times.
We are well into pothole, city street, and state highway road improvement and new construction season in my City. I will be driving through a maze of orange construction cones daily until late Fall. My State, County, and City leadership appear to be using the “infrastructure investment“ funding as intended. Perhaps your “slush fund” motivated State and local governments need a political overhaul, by voting in leadership that works for the people?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
They were busy here a couple of years ago, and that stopped in 2020, nothing has been done around here since then.
And it was looking so promising for a while, now we just have a couple of little projects that they are trying to do.
There are some places that could really use some work done, I wonder if it will happen.
Oh...Oh... we had a strange hailstorm hit a couple of days ago, managed to get a mess on the freeway, it was so unexpected, it just hit, and went away.
But caused a mess up on the freeway, one biker KOA, two trucks, and 3 or 4 cars all got tangled up. What a mess.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read where one station in Oregon reconfigured all it's pumps to allow $10 or more per gallon to be charged. At first it seems they are preparing for the future but they had a good explanation. They had to configure all the pumps the same and they also sell racing gas which is about $10 a gallon now.
In order to accomplish this they eliminated the 1/10 cent column so everything is whole cents now.

Top Bottom