• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Regional Fuel Prices

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How can you compare price differences when there was/is no finalized specs needed to determine the MSRP on either the Elio and/or the Elio (or similar) EV? The initial Hello Elio Marketing target price (that peaked my interest and 65,000+ other reservationists)) was and still is impossible. The reality is any fully certified, enclosed, climate control, reasonably safe, three wheeler motorcycle (ICE or Electric) that crosses the production finish line that meets the 50 State’s various autocycle definitions is going to be minimal $15-20K+ range production scale numbers and $25-35K+ in low volume custom hand build numbers.
Some of us old timers are "locked in" to that low price. You had to sign a paper (online) and then you was locked in to that price and had to buy it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BaldGuy, Had Elio crossed the production certified production Elio finish line and forced to honored the $1000 non-refundable all-in price, they would have lost $1000’s on each Elio delivered - driving any new vehicle start manufacturer up, that’s already knee deep in debt - out of business. That is the same reason Arcimoto’s FUV marketing target price jumped from $11,900 to $19,900. Arcimoto’s explanation to disappointed reservationists, “Sorry, we would be losing money on every vehicle sold and out of business”. The targeted $11,900 MSRP can only happen after production scale likely 2024.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
our state just pulled the tax till the end of the year, and the county did the same, widely reported on the radio that starting monday prices would be "at least 30 cents lower". I saw one station out of 9 that had lowered the price (to 4.65) rest of the station were all UP and over 5.09, and this morning were up another 10 cents to 5.19. In this case I would agree with RickB - they are pocketing the "tax money" besides charging even more. These are not "mom and pop" stations, this is Mobil, Gulf, BP, etc. They know full well what they are doing. Its called robbery. The station that had lowered the price yesterday is 4.95 this morning.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never in my life, have I thought we’d be spending this much on gas and all other fuels. I wonder what my old man would have to say?

I saw a slightly overweight lady riding a moped downtown - early this morning. I’m sure she’s trying to save money - and that is admirable. I could tell by her driving, she was a rookie. If people go the route of mopeds, electric bikes, etc…. They need to be verrrry careful. Inattentiveness can kill you dead.

bought gas yesterday at Sam’s for $4.45.

Will it ever go back to $3 or $2?

didn’t it dip below $1 not too many years ago? Or am I dreaming?

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never in my life, have I thought we’d be spending this much on gas and all other fuels. I wonder what my old man would have to say?

I saw a slightly overweight lady riding a moped downtown - early this morning. I’m sure she’s trying to save money - and that is admirable. I could tell by her driving, she was a rookie. If people go the route of mopeds, electric bikes, etc…. They need to be verrrry careful. Inattentiveness can kill you dead.

bought gas yesterday at Sam’s for $4.45.

Will it ever go back to $3 or $2?

didn’t it dip below $1 not too many years ago? Or am I dreaming?
Interesting that the price of a pack of cigarettes constantly stays higher than a gallon of gas.

Top Bottom