• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Regional Fuel Prices

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a Shell station today (Wed. 7-6-22) and it was 5.51 a gallon for regular, and 6.45 for Diesel.
Needless to say, I kept going with a 1/2 tank in the Dodge.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw a Shell station today (Wed. 7-6-22) and it was 5.51 a gallon for regular, and 6.45 for Diesel.
Needless to say, I kept going with a 1/2 tank in the Dodge.
Man.... that's brutal.

I wonder if some of this is due to the apparently, inevitable switch to electric vehicles.... and the oil companies are going to make as much hay as they can – for as long as they can? Are we stuck with these higher prices for the remaining life of ICE?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Man.... that's brutal.

I wonder if some of this is due to the apparently, inevitable switch to electric vehicles.... and the oil companies are going to make as much hay as they can – for as long as they can? Are we stuck with these higher prices for the remaining life of ICE?
You know they'll try; the Boss wants the new Plaza, Close to the Alps, and of course he's got a swinging deal going on a Russian Yacht. Of course they will squeeze this as long as they can, why not, the lawyers can clean up after them.

I was born with a conscience, that's why you'll never see me in a role reversal.

Reaction score
W. Market Street, Warren, Ohio, I paid $4.599 X 13.3026 gallons = $61.18. OUCH! Indian man with head wrap was in charge was a very nice man getting hit by 25 - 30 people buying onesies cigarettes, booze and candy. Nothing had prices marked, I was afraid to pick up anything to look. I was followed by no less than three hungry looking people through the whole store. Curiously I asked the price of his eggs. He humbly answered Three Dollars. I nodded my head and told him that is a fair price. I am charging the same for mine. (My farm fresh Blue & Brown eggs). I might stop back and get his phone number, hopefully when he is not so busy. I might have a goat to sell him. Yes, I am prejudice. I assume his family might know what to do with an old goat. A diet coke and a carton of cigarettes later my bill was over $141.00. By then people were outside checking out my car with the TEA Party license bracket, Vietnam Veteran plates, WWG1WWA across the back window. I had fun. You know people like me carry handguns, right?

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[you] sound like my kind of people... I could use a goat to mow the back yard, I had two sheep (baby doll) but had to sell them as I had a hard time shearing them every year. I get 4$ for my eggs, fresh daily, but lately some of the old hens are heading for the stew pot, so egg production is down a bit, new ones are not online yet. Picking up some more this weekend from TSC. Bear tore down a fence last night, have to fix that when I get off work. Everybody carries here, lots of potential hazards if you are oblivious to them.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Man.... that's brutal.

Current high pricing has nothing to do with the EV Market. Big oil is simply greedy. SHELL OIL is greedy and smart, as they begin to convert gas stations into EV charging hubs to adapt and profit from the growing number of EVs on the road. Hopefully, Federal and State government regulation has more control over the rates of the greedy public utility companies or I’ll go solar.

1657206997867.jpeg

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Current high pricing has nothing to do with the EV Market. Big oil is simply greedy. SHELL OIL is greedy and smart, as they begin to convert gas stations into EV charging hubs to adapt and profit from the growing number of EVs on the road. Hopefully, Federal and State government regulation has more control over the rates of the greedy public utility companies or I’ll go solar.

View attachment 25867
I'm thinking when I retire to go with pedals. Doctor keeps wanting me to exercise and lose 15 pounds.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking when I retire to go with pedals. Doctor keeps wanting me to exercise and lose 15 pounds.
You are describing my exact scenario. I use my bicycle and bicycle cargo trailer for all of my local shopping and errands.
My doctor also wanted me to lose weight, so between morning walks and using the bicycle, I got my BMI down to 23. And I'm not done yet -- still have a little bit more I want to lose, but at this point I did hit the minimum number the doctor wanted me at.
I was amazed how my other numbers all came back in line by cleaning up my diet (just a little bit) & adding some exercise into my daily routine.

Top Bottom