• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Regional Fuel Prices

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spent the last two weeks in Germany. The gas station down the street from me in Frankfurt was at $9.20/gal for regular. $9.35/gal for diesel. Typically diesel is cheaper than gasoline as it's taxed less there but since the demand for diesel is high, it has flip flopped on the price. Back in 2020 the same station had gas for $4.85/gal.

I saw a slightly overweight lady riding a moped downtown - early this morning. I’m sure she’s trying to save money - and that is admirable. I could tell by her driving, she was a rookie. If people go the route of mopeds, electric bikes, etc…. They need to be verrrry careful. Inattentiveness can kill you dead.

I look at it as here in the US, we don't put up with cyclists, people with mopeds and the e bikes. They take up the road and hold us up when we need to get somewhere. In Europe, they put up with it and it works out.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are holding at $5.20 for regular, then 30 cent increments up for midgrade and super - Diesel at $6.19 , fuel oil at $5.59 - glad I burned wood all last year, only used 60 gallons for fuel oil, I will restock that this year from the diesel pumps, as 150 gallons is the minimum delivery amount now. And restock the wood as well.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I posted the picture below in the opening post in this thread .... its message seems to be more and more accurate with each passing day

Attachments

• cost of gas 2022.jpg
    cost of gas 2022.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 51

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BaldGuy, Had Elio crossed the production certified production Elio finish line and forced to honored the $1000 non-refundable all-in price, they would have lost $1000’s on each Elio delivered - driving any new vehicle start manufacturer up, that’s already knee deep in debt - out of business. That is the same reason Arcimoto’s FUV marketing target price jumped from $11,900 to $19,900. Arcimoto’s explanation to disappointed reservationists, “Sorry, we would be losing money on every vehicle sold and out of business”. The targeted $11,900 MSRP can only happen after production scale likely 2024.

I would recommend reading the first item

A lot of folks here, I think forgot the Elio story.

Top Bottom